Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 7:13:15 AM EDT

The floor and wall is tile, so I really don't want to have to drill through it.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
drill thru it.
then drive 1/4" lag screws into the studs.

have fun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]

big pre stick velcro strips...    it works..
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Something like that may have to be secured through the tile to the studs bro. I see you edited your post to emphasize the fact that you don't want to do that, but I don't see any other way it can be done properly. I wouldn't trust it to an adhesive. It can be done neatly if you drill it the right way and use anchors.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]

yes, but the old sink is mounted on the wall for 40 years without being screwed in - what gives?

Is there some kind of uber-adhesive like mentioned above that I am not aware of?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The adhesive would work, but if you don't trust it, here is another way.

Cut a piece of 1x the same dimension as the inside of the vanity. Bolt the 1x to the wall through the existing holes that were for the bracket of the wall mounted sink. Glue blocks of 1x inside the vanity and use angle brackets to attach the blocks in the vanity to the 1x on the wall (you will need the blocks because the sides of the vanity  will be too thin to screw the angle brackets directly to it).
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The adhesive would work, but if you don't trust it, here is another way.

Cut a piece of 1x the same dimension as the inside of the vanity. Bolt the 1x to the wall through the existing holes that were for the bracket of the wall mounted sink. Glue blocks of 1x inside the vanity and use angle brackets to attach the blocks in the vanity to the 1x on the wall (you will need the blocks because the sides of the vanity  will be too thin to screw the angle brackets directly to it).

Good idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top