Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 8:22:49 PM EDT
Since I am married I had to ask Mrs. HMFIC for ATV funding approval and got denied the first 864 times. I am the man of the house and I put my foot down (read: begged, cried and pleaded) I got partial funding and had to scrap the the new Polaris Sportsman 500 for a Polaris '03 Trail Boss 330.  So now I can run over deer and other cute animals when I get tired of shooting them (if it can even catch them.)

Anyway, it runs great but its purple and I look like I'm riding Barney around W. Texas. I would like to try to salvage whats left of my ego and camo it up so little girls will stop laughing at me when I tow it on the Highway. I don't want to paint it for sure. (yeah, I saw your last Krylon camo AR...) I looked at the Camoclad vinyl kits that you wet and sqeegee on and I have a feeling that it will look like a 5th grade art project gone horribly wrong and last all of about 5 minutes of riding. Can anyone suggest a company that will dip the plastic on Barney like shotguns and flashlights? I Googled and found a couple places but I think those companies  just sell the the process or they dip production runs for other companies.

Ideas?          
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You should watch "Trading Spaces" and get some ideas for faux finishes or decorative fabrics to spice up your ATV.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid, lol. I'm not talented enough to paint something that looks good and it drives me crazy to see something that isn't finished as good as the factory finish. I'm just weird that way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Fender Cover Kits: These kits conceal your ATV's fenders in camouflage. Fender covers are made from 500 denier waterproof Cordura® and fasten with plastic clips and Velcro®. (No drilling or disassembly required)

www.jamesgreene.com/atv.htm
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid, lol. I'm not talented enough to paint something that looks good and it drives me crazy to see something that isn't finished as good as the factory finish. I'm just weird that way.

Hurl buckets of mud at it before leaving, then pray that a rainstorm does not appear along the way and reveal your shame to all.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top