Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 6:50:27 PM EDT
which has really just been a range toy for me.

Then I acquired a couple of S&W revolvers from my dad, a J and a K frame

Then I bought by first M4 and have outfitted to the most possible extent without sacrficiing form or function

Then I bought a Kel-Tec P3AT for my first TRUE CCW after being licensed.

Then I felt it wasn't enough, so I bought a Glcok 36 which is my preferred CCW.

Then I bought a Remington Police Magnum and am in the process of outfitting it quite nicely.

Now I'm beginning to meander a lot.  I'm looking at Krinks (like the SEAK - which I'd LOVE to buy).  But I'm also looking at another Glock, maybe a 21 this time?  Then again, I'd like to get a 50bmg, or at least a 50bmg upper for my M4.  I'd also like to get S&W 340PD for CCW.   Everytime I see something new or even think of something that I don't have, I start to obsess about having one.  I don't care to have more than 1 of any type of fire arm, but then again, I don't like having to stock SO MANY different types of ammo, mags, accessories, you name it.

My ultimate collection would be ONLY one gun of every kind I'd like, each one outfitted to the max with uber-tactical gear, not going overboard though.

So I'm at a point now where I can't seem to stay focused on one item.  I'm like, "Hey, I really think I should get a Glock 21.  What a bad ass .45 acp with high capacity mags!!!", but then I say "What about that cool SEAK on ARFCOM"???  I'm all over the place.  I don't NEED any of these things.  I just want everything.

What do I do??
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the 50 upper for the AR is a 50 Beowulf.... big difference, looks more like a 45-70.

If you can afford it, go for a USP in .45. or a USP Tactical, then get a can for it.

That would be my choice to add. But a good revolver satisfies all tastes and hungers I beleive.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same problem, except I'm the typical poor college student who can barely afford ammo, guess I'll have to wait a little
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
be content with what you have, some people have nothing right now
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IIRC the 50 upper for the AR is a 50 Beowulf.... big difference, looks more like a 45-70.

There are true 50 bmg uppers for the Ar15.  Serbu comes to mind but I'm sure there are others.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are true 50 bmg uppers for the Ar15.  Serbu comes to mind but I'm sure there are others.

ferret50.com I think is his site. The guy visits the board and seems pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What do I do??

Do this...

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
both!

get the SEAK now--G21s are everywhere

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you can afford it, go for a USP in .45. or a USP Tactical, then get a can for it.

That would be my choice to add. But a good revolver satisfies all tastes and hungers I beleive.

They do make a .50 BMG upper for Ar's. .50 BMG Ar-15 Upper
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel your pain but I do not offer you sympathy because I have an even worse problem. You see, not only do I want one of everything cool I see, but I want every variant within that group.

For example, I can't just have an AR. I must have an SP1, an A2, an A4...then I must have an XM177 clone, an M4, an M4 flat-top, and M4's with various stocks. Then I must have 16" HBAR's and lightweights. Then I must have some with SureFire's and Aimpoints while I must have others with EO Tech's and Pentagon lights. Then of course comes the models with ACOG's and Leupold sniper scopes. That's just AR's.

Then comes AK's. I must have milled ones. I must have stamped ones. I must have those made in Russia, China, Eqypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, etc. And I must have them in all sorts of variants such as .223, 7.62x39 and 5.45x39. Then I want some with wood stocks, some with KVAR stocks, etc.

I'll tell you what it is. It's a disease. And there's no cure for it as it's chronic and worsens with time. I have it so bad that there's no way I'll ever be able to afford or have room for everything I'd like to have. LOL.

So I mostly try to stay with AR and AK's so I can be as interchangeable as possible and only have to stock a few different types of ammo.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top