Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2001 7:08:19 AM EDT
If this has been run thru the mud a 100 times then I'm sorry.  I read a post somewhere that said the chrome (sp) is far easier to clean.  Is that the general concensis?  Are they worth the extra price and if so, who sells the best one?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
no maam,

I don't know if they are easier to clean, or better or worse in other ways.  My experience (having both types) is that it is easier to tell when the chrome is clean.

I don't think it matters unless you are an absolute freak about cleaning your rifles.  In which case - buy chrome.

James
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, my friends and I have all had their chrome bolts break on full auto fire. The all crack around the cam pin areas fairly consistantly. I'm wondering if the plating process make them too rigid and therefore brittle.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FWIW, my friends and I have all had their chrome bolts break on full auto fire. The all crack around the cam pin areas fairly consistantly. I'm wondering if the plating process make them too rigid and therefore brittle.
View Quote

As an FFL Dealer, the only bolts I've had break are the ones in PROFESSIONAL ORDNANCE CARBON 15 FIREARMS. I must say that when I contacted the company, they made good and sent me 4 replacement bolts at no charge. This made our customers happy. Pro Ord told us that they received a bad lot of bolts from their supplier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top