Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I knew Lords of War was going to be Anti-Gun...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
shit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
lets see, the last PRO-GUN movie came out WHEN??? Red Dawn?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno.

I see handguns used for self defense in US movies all the time.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
When I declare that I will no longer plan to go see Lord of War, my roommate will claim that I am going "way over the edge" and "forcing myself to see things as anti-gun." Eventually it will degenerate to "you force yourself to not see things as anti-gun, but by dear God, if they ran something bad about hockey you would jump all over their ass about it."

Stupid French.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The bed-wetting antis can have the movies, as long as we have the Congress, the White House, and at least 40 of the state legislatures.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The most overtly pro-gun movie ever was Red Dawn however.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]

By Vinterburg:
I grew up as a pacifist in a hippie commune

go figure...Damn hippies
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dunno.

I see handguns used for self defense in US movies all the time.

Exactly - to some, even self-defense = murder.

And lets also count those suicides as murders, too.. it helps beef the statistics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
go to imdb and look up Red Dawn, click on the director John Milius, you will see he has worked on a number of ARFC favs, such as Apocalypse Now, Conan the Barbarian, Dirty Harry, The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, Magnum Force, if he is not pro gun, he missed a good chance.

edit: I forgot to add.. Farewell to the King, Rough Riders, and Flight of the Intruder.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#11]

"In a way, my film is a how-to about becoming an arms dealer," Niccol says. "During the making of it, I needed guns in the Czech Republic, and it was cheaper to use real guns than replicas. I bought 3,000 Kalashnikovs and then sold them back at a loss. I wouldn't make a very good arms dealer."

He couldn't afford to destroy them because he had such a small budget, but he says, "In South Africa, we did cut some guns in half to stop them from getting into circulation.

Niccol hopes "Lord of War" opens audiences' eyes. "We begin the movie showing the life span of a bullet, from manufacture to entering the head of an African child," he says.
"Nine out of 10 war victims die from a gun."

No shit shirlock...

These people will get none of my money...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When I declare that I will no longer plan to go see Lord of War, my roommate will claim that I am going "way over the edge" and "forcing myself to see things as anti-gun." Eventually it will degenerate to "you force yourself to not see things as anti-gun, but by dear God, if they ran something bad about hockey you would jump all over their ass about it."

Stupid French.

You room with the French?  I hope you at least conquered his half of the apartment and rule it through a puppet government.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I just lost about 40 IQ points that I couldn't spare reading that article.
Hollywierd has once again raised the bar for idiocy. All I can say is WOW. Pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Not really. Disease kills many more.  But facts shouldn't get in the way of a good movie, now, should they?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nope. The most pro-gun movie ever didn't even have a single firearm in it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid French.

You room with the French?  I hope you at least conquered his half of the apartment and rule it through a puppet government bought a bushel basket of pine tree air fresheners and tacked them on the walls at nose level, 3 feet apart.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not really. Disease kills many more.  But facts shouldn't get in the way of a good movie, now, should they?

Also, I think around 70% of battlefield casualties are from shrapnel, not bullets. The disease thing was definitely true during the War of Northern Aggression, but is not true for US forces now at least. Is your source from figures in Africa or South America maybe?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What movie was that?

I liked Innocence Betrayed, it was a documentary. Everyone needs a copy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#19]

crime is less where guns are less rampant--sounds like NO, russia, brazil, china

its the PEOPLE, no matter how you cut it--at least he got some part kinda right
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#20]

STOP THE PRESSES!!!  I just found out that 100% of all war victims are killed by people.  BAN PEOPLE!  DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I Thought the Bulk were now killed with HE in modern combat?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What movie was that?

It was released ten years ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#23]

In "Dear Wendy," a group of twentysomethings become fascinated with antique handguns, with a predictably bloody result.

You guys know all those ARs you own?
It's gonna end in bloodshed - I PREDICT it.

What a bunch of tards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
"The Wild West mentality is still strong in America," Niccol says, "especially if you go to a place like Texas, where it's alive and well, or maybe unwell: 'No one's taking away our guns.' In New Zealand, no one has a handgun, and they aren't saying, 'Gee, I wish I had one.' I hope the United States takes note that the murder rate is lower where gun availability is lower. It seems obvious to me."

"Gee, have you noticed most of your little pissant countries like NZ, Denmark, et al are HOMOGENOUS?  Everyone is the same and thinks alike - no social strife.  Of course the Great Satan has freedom of religion, creed, color and every scented fart...  It seems obvious to me."  (phuk'n idiot)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmmm.  Can't we export guns to somebody who wants to take this guy out?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
But Niccol and Vinterberg say their films are not about controlling guns - they're more about how guns control us.

I have to agree with that LOL!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What movie was that?

It was released ten years ago.

You got me Goblin, what is the name of the movie?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#28]
We need a remake of RED DAWN to come out again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
"The Wild West mentality is still strong in America," Niccol says, "especially if you go to a place like Texas, where it's alive and well, or maybe unwell"

Thats right fucker!!! And guess whats still alive and well in Texas too..........the come and take it attitude!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You got me Goblin, what is the name of the movie?

Braveheart: The most pro-RKBA movie ever made.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Gee, have you noticed most of your little pissant countries like NZ, Denmark, et al are HOMOGENOUS?]

Who the fuck are you calling 'pissant'?

News flash, pal...we have dickheads in NZ just the same as you have dickheads in the US.  Niccol doesnt speak for me or NZ gun owners, and he obviosuly knows nothing about NZ gun ownership.  Surprise, surprise.  Hes obviously been warped by the Hollywierd asshat machine during his time there, surrounded by his left wing looney mates.

NZ has stood by the US for a century, and especially so in the last four.  By all means slag him off, but dont insult my FUCKING country!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#32]
It's too bad,I saw a few seconds of a preview for lords of War and thougt it might be a good flick.

no money from me now
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#33]
You Know....If the movie Dr. Strangelove came out today...Half this board would claim that it was Pro-commie and that Stanley Kubrick was the biggest anti-gun, anti-war and anti-military bastard since Michael Moore.

About half of you would go see it, then come back and recommend that no one else go see it, because Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, and Slim  Pickens were hollywood lefties.

Then someone would post long diatribes requesting that box-o-truth.com do tests on Coke machine change boxes with M-1 Carbine's, to prove the factual firearms error of the movie.

Then they'd want anybody who thought Dr. Strangelove was funny...drug to the pit for AR15.com political re-education.

It would be anouther Grand Example of the small group of Ultra Right Wing AR15.com thought police laying down the politically correct party line for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

"In a way, my film is a how-to about becoming an arms dealer," Niccol says. "During the making of it, I needed guns in the Czech Republic, and it was cheaper to use real guns than replicas. I bought 3,000 Kalashnikovs and then sold them back at a loss. I wouldn't make a very good arms dealer."

He couldn't afford to destroy them because he had such a small budget, but he says, "In South Africa, we did cut some guns in half to stop them from getting into circulation.

Niccol hopes "Lord of War" opens audiences' eyes. "We begin the movie showing the life span of a bullet, from manufacture to entering the head of an African child," he says.

No shit shirlock...

That last one is bull, it's common sense that explosives kill more people in war than gunfire.  To be specific, artillery fire, followed by mines, followed by grenades and similar, kill a whole hell of a lot more people than small arms.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't go to any movies.  Why we continue to support these arrogant cocksuckers with our money is beyond me.  They take our money, get rich, and then gain a spotlight by virute of their popularity to vocally support nearly everything I'm against.  Nope, not from me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
But Niccol and Vinterberg say their films are not about controlling guns - they're more about how guns control us.

I have to agree with that LOL!

Heh, guns don't control shit.  They're objects, they require human will to operate.  Why don't dipshits try attacking the part of human nature that makes us want to kill as opposed to projecting it onto inanimate objects for once ?  This shit gets real old, they need to read a psych textbook
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You Know....If the movie Dr. Strangelove came out today...Half this board would claim that it was Pro-commie and that Stanley Kubrick was the biggest anti-gun, anti-war and anti-military bastard since Michael Moore.

About half of you would go see it, then come back and recommend that no one else go see it, because Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, and Slim  Pickens were hollywood lefties.

Then someone would post long diatribes requesting that box-o-truth.com do tests on Coke machine change boxes with M-1 Carbine's, to prove the factual firearms error of the movie.

Then they'd want anybody who thought Dr. Strangelove was funny...drug to the pit for AR15.com political re-education.

It would be anouther Grand Example of the small group of Ultra Right Wing AR15.com thought police laying down the politically correct party line for the rest of us.

Back to the pit Troll!!!  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=389233
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone offered to take these two directors out target shooting?

The percentages of converts is pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid French.

You room with the French?  I hope you at least conquered his half of the apartment and rule it through a puppet government bought a bushel basket of pine tree air fresheners and tacked them on the walls at nose level, 3 feet apart.  

my roomate is french as well, plays his weird music really loud and cusses up a storm when he see's that his soccer team is loosing. He DOES stink up the room. I had to go to wal-mart and buy a bunch of cans of air freshener.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll still see Lord of War for the guns.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Gee, have you noticed most of your little pissant countries like NZ, Denmark, et al are HOMOGENOUS?]

News flash, pal...we have dickheads in NZ just the same as you have dickheads in the US.  Niccol doesnt speak for me or NZ gun owners, and he obviosuly knows nothing about NZ gun ownership.  Surprise, surprise.  Hes obviously been warped by the Hollywierd asshat machine during his time there, surrounded by his left wing looney mates.

NZ has stood by the US for a century, and especially so in the last four.  By all means slag him off, but dont insult my FUCKING country!!!

What he said........expat Kiwi here.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit shirlock...

That last one is bull, it's common sense that explosives kill more people in war than gunfire.  To be specific, artillery fire, followed by mines, followed by grenades and similar, kill a whole hell of a lot more people than small arms.  

(I'm being sarcastic) =
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Niccol hopes "Lord of War" opens audiences' eyes. "We begin the movie showing the life span of a bullet, from manufacture to entering the head of an African child," he says. "Nine out of 10 war victims die from a gun."

No shit shirlock...

Bullshit!
The Arty gets it done (average 70% of all combat casualties in war).  

Nevermind.  I was a little late.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#44]
no 9 out of 10 war victims are killed by depleted uranium dur dur
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Dang.  I liked that quote from Lords of War too:

"We're from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms..."

"Let me guess... you're not here about the alcohol or tobacco..."
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit shirlock...

I'm not sure you are correct on this (although admittedly I don't have statistics to disprove you). I remember reading statistics about combat fatalities and what you said was true during WW1, HE in the form of arillery was by far the number one killer. But since then there has been a gradual shift of cause of death from artillery to small arms. I believe by Vietnam a slight majority of KIA's were due to small arms fire. However, I think the bulk of casualties (as opposed to deaths) are due to explosives. I don't know statistics from OIF but I'm guessing the bulk of American killed are due to IED's. Sorry for my rambling, but my point is that these days small arms fire make up a majority or near majority of wartime KIA's (OIF not withstanding).
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Dang.  I liked that quote from Lords of War too:

"We're from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms..."

"Let me guess... you're not here about the alcohol or tobacco..."

+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#48]
not even going to be a rental now that I've seen those quotes
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#49]
"Dear Wendy"?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=375935

"Lord of War" actually looks pretty cool. Lots of firearms and blowing shit-up.

Both of them are only movies. I try not to get myself stressed out or worked up about that kind of shit.

If there's any kind of guilt feelings about "supporting the Hollywood elite liiberal gun-grabbers, just wait a few days then people can download it to their computers if they wish. At least that way they can curse, scream and point out the inaccuracies at home without having to disturbe any theatre patrons.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Don't worry...this guy is yet another self righteous hollywood type  dipshit spouting off again.  Just like the Hollywood crowd doesn't represent my country in their well publicized beliefs, nor to I attriubte this asshats comments to your country.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top