Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 3:24:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn! I was looking forward to seeing this movie in the theaters, but after reading that asshat's statements in the article, I guess I'll just have wait to it comes out on DVD and borrow a friend's copy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck him.

"The movie is not political" yea, my ASS it isn't!

Lets see, he also managed to somehow correlate the availability of legal firearms in America to this illegal firearms trafficking BS in his movie. Frikken looney.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
real informed guy

said something to the effect that where access to handguns is restricted, murder rates are lower. Hmmm, must never have been to chicago or DC.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for submitting your opinion director. Now sit down, shut the fuck up because no one cares about your smug liberal ass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]

I feel better now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't that last statement he made an outright lie?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably explains why its so difficult for licensed Kiwi firearm owners to buy new firearms or get spares for existing weapons here.  Hope the film flops and disappears - don't really need it becoming a rallying call for the anti gun lobby here in New Zealand.  Wonder if Mr Niccols will do a film about the trade in kitchen knives and beer bottles, especially as they seem to feature in significantly more violent incidents than firearms ever will in this country. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Isn't that last statement he made an outright lie?

Yes, it is.  When are these idiots going to realize it's not about weapons at all, but about people who are willing to use them to harm innocents ?  I'm sure there were plenty of rapes and murders back in the caveman days before weapons as we know them existed.  And you probably were either killed or exiled (a death sentence back then, had to live in a tribe/group to survive) if anybody found out you did it, too.  That whole human nature thing.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
HA, what an idiot. Has he been to Washington D.C., much less heard about it? He needs to do some research instead of basing his facts on emotions.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes, it is. When are these idiots going to realize it's not about weapons at all, but about people who are willing to use them to harm innocents ? I'm sure there were plenty of rapes and murders back in the caveman days before weapons as we know them existed. And you probably were either killed or exiled (a death sentence back then, had to live in a tribe/group to survive) if anybody found out you did it, too. That whole human nature thing.

+1, people need to realize that a gun is a tool. IF guns were banned, whats next, knifes? after that, chainsaws? hammers? screwdrivers?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Residents of New Zealand, he noted, often do not own handguns. ``I hope the United States takes note that the murder rate is lower where gun availability is lower. It seems obvious to me.''

Funny that mother England with its total ban on handguns has five times the murder rate of Texas with its "Wild West" heritage and 'depressingly easy to obtain concealed carry laws' isn't mentioned.  But the gun grabbers won't let trivial things like the truth to stand in their way for total control over the sheeple.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
real informed guy

said something to the effect that where access to handguns is restricted, murder rates are lower. Hmmm, must never have been to chicago or DC.

Or Rwanda or Sierra Leone or Liberia, where they make due just fine with machetes.  
Or Auschwitz or Dachau or Buchenwald.  Oh, wait....  Does government sanctioned murder count?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I always find it amusing that foreigners seem to care an awful lot about the internal affairs and politics of America.

90% of Americans don't even know where New Zealand is.  Nor do they care.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#16]
He needs to be shown the error of his ways, told about his flawed research and pointed to the correct information.  If we were to do it in a reasonable manner then I'm sure he will come out with a public retraction.....[where's the flying pig icon...].

I suggest a few tactfully worded emails with links to the appropriate data.  Won't do a damn thing to change his mind but it might make me feel better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#17]

From the article:

Residents of New Zealand, he noted, often own sheep. ``I hope the United States takes note that the animal sex rate is higher where sheep availability is higher. It seems obvious to me.''

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes, it is. When are these idiots going to realize it's not about weapons at all, but about people who are willing to use them to harm innocents ? I'm sure there were plenty of rapes and murders back in the caveman days before weapons as we know them existed. And you probably were either killed or exiled (a death sentence back then, had to live in a tribe/group to survive) if anybody found out you did it, too. That whole human nature thing.

+1, people need to realize that a gun is a tool. IF guns were banned, whats next, knifes? after that, chainsaws? hammers? screwdrivers?

Rocks, tree branches/sticks over a certain length ( ), ultimately followed by trying to ban fists.  Oh yeah, and I'm surprised nobody's tried to regulate combat boots to LE and Military (assault footwear)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Damn! I was looking forward to seeing this movie in the theaters, but after reading that asshat's statements in the article, I guess I'll just have wait to it comes out on DVD and borrow a friend's copy.

better, torrent his ass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish he'd take this further, in his own country. He should be campaigning for full gun confiscation in New Zealand. Nobody gets a gun. Then disband the military.

Then my friends and I will invade and enslave his ass. And he will mine SALT. buwhahaha
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I keep hearing that the US supplies everyone with weapons, but all I see on the battlefields of the world are German, Russian, Chinese, and various Eastern Bloc AK clones.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have never heard of him, and could care less about his lies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]

More Xena ie Lucy Lawless.....................Less of this Assclown
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Residents of New Zealand, he noted, often do not own handguns. ``I hope the United States takes note that the murder rate is lower where gun availability is lower. It seems obvious to me.''

The murder rate is lower where criminal availability is lower.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm considering changing my sigline.  The movie trailer states:

There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation.  That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet.  The only question is, "How do we arm the other eleven?"

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#27]

``The U.S. is by far the biggest exporter of arms in the world. It was true during the Clinton administration, and it's true during the Bush administration. It's bipartisan.

Residents of New Zealand, he noted, often do not own handguns. ``I hope the United States takes note that the murder rate is lower where gun availability is lower. It seems obvious to me.'''

I believe this include military equipment such jet fighters etc. And not handguns, these people are twisting the facts around. This is another case of USA bashing if I every seen one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Keep in mind this comes from the place as the infamous bunny rapist.

What pisses me off is that there are no ways to state our side of things with out getting banned, flamed by retards, or called a NAZI or something.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the heads up.  I might've actually spent money on this movie.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
From the article:

Residents of New Zealand, he noted, often own sheep. ``I hope the United States takes note that the animal sex rate is higher where sheep availability is higher. It seems obvious to me.''

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#31]
he's a fag
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Does NZ have a figgin LA or a DC?

Don't think so, what an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:18:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Keep in mind this comes from the place as the infamous bunny rapist.

What, did they run out of sheep that week??
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:25:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
HA, what an idiot. Has he been to Washington D.C., much less heard about it? He needs to do some research instead of basing his facts on emotions.

just another libtard doing the libtard thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top