Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 1:57:19 PM EDT
Got a few pesky felony convictions? Warrants out for your arrest? Facing time in jail?

Why not visit New Orleans and get a new identity?

How many felons do you think will line up for new ID in the aftermath of Katrina? From what I have heard there are a lot of folks without ID's and it's reasonable to assume they wont be doing a lot of checking when they hand out new ones. Some records will be lost forever, it'd be easy to claim you are someone who doesnt exist and start over.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Chicago democrat will love this
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Got a few pesky felony convictions? Warrants out for your arrest? Facing time in jail?

How many felons do you think will line up for new ID in the aftermath of Katrina? From what I have heard there are a lot of folks without ID's and it's reasonable to assume they wont be doing a lot of checking when they hand out new ones. Some records will be lost forever, it'd be easy to claim you are someone who doesnt exist and start over.

I could use a new identity,

Lets see...
First name; Josie
Last name; Wales

LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
But what about your social security registration, birth certificate, school records, etc?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could use a new identity,

Lets see...
First name; Josie
Last name; Wales

LOL

DOB: 1851
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Are they handing out new fingerprints to felons as well?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Right now I bet there are hundreds, if not thousands of people with no ID. Many of the records there are gone forever and facts are uncheckable.
These people will, in the immedeate aftermath be issued some form of ID, SSI be damned and in the confusion to follow some will flow through the cracks and may well be issued an new SSI#. Mark my words people.
If someone were smart, and it aint hard to out smart a government beaurocracy, they would be lining up now for new ID. Next step, state DL.
You doubt this? Ha! They issuing debit cards for two grand to plenty of folks with no ID right now, no accountability, and no way to check if they are double dipping.
If you think the mere problem of a missing SSI# is going stop people from getting new identities you have far too much faith in the infallibility of your government.
Fingerprints? Some of that stuff is held locally and now destroyed. If the person is on the run, not yet convicted, there are none on record at all.
Aimless has good point too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]
You have a good point captainpooby.

And this is why it will only take one or two more terrorist attacks on the scale of 9/11 or a natural disaster like NO and we will be living on electronic currency ONLY. And since cards and other ID's can be misplaced, lost, stolen, counterfieted, etc. they will either go with an implanted "smartchip" or some form of bar code.

13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the idea pooby!

How many builds do you think I could do on the govt dime before they found out and sent me to prison?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks for the idea pooby!

How many builds do you think I could do on the govt dime before they found out and sent me to prison?

Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

I'm not advocating people do this, I was speaking tongue in cheek offering food for thought.

I'll bet a lot of the DPs have already given false names to anyone who asked. Plenty of those folks probably have pasts they'd love to forget about are are starting to now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top