Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 12:55:29 PM EDT

to elicit intelligent discussion, but I'm not having any luck.

Well, anybody have any idea of what I should be aware of before I interview with two doctors for a job position Wednesday?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]

I'm desperately trying to come up with something clever enough to post  

Why are you worried about it all of a sudden?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

(honestly because I'm trying to pull myself away from these hoards of impending work on my desk)..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]

You've failed again...

Just give them your best <cough> and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(honestly because I'm trying to pull myself away from these hoards of impending work on my desk)..

That's life.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I meant the subject being clever enough to post, not what you should be aware of when interviewing with the doctors.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Well, anybody have any idea of what I should be aware of before I interview with two doctors for a job position Wednesday?

You're gonna be a nurse?

Your wife will be shocked.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You're gonna be a nurse?

Your wife will be shocked.

Not quite.  The two department directors are both doctors.  However, my (prospective) immediate supervisor will be an easy-going chick.  pic forthcoming

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Is she so very easy-going that she transcends the rule that you do NOT post pictures of your boss?

(hint, hint)

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is she so very easy-going that she transcends the rule that you do NOT post pictures of your boss?

(hint, hint)

You know, even though the probability of anyone knowing her on here is more remote than measurably possible - knowing my luck, you're probably right.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Illicit or elicit?  Cause one of them's against the CoC, and one's not.  

I actually saw that misused in a circulated legal opinion from our Office of Genereal Counsel the other day - had to bite my tongue not to laugh until I was out of the meeting where it was circulated...

BB, I'll give you the same free advice I give any interviewee asking for advice:  

Think before you speak - an interview is not a speed-talking race. (Once it is said it is said...)

Do not - under any circumtances - interrupt the interviewer(s) in the middle of a sentence.

Tell them the truth - do not try to tell them what you think they want to hear.  

Don't fidget!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks for the advice.  I would really like to have this job.  It's right across from the campus rec center which = 100x more healthy lunches, good parking, great environment, better pay, all doing the exact same work (well, a little more challenging).  Say a prayer for me if you remember.  My wife and I really need it.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
If you did that, then we would be afraid you were taken over by some sort of alien worm that climbs up your butt and goes to your brain, I am glad you are ok.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...  It's right across from the campus rec center which = 100x more healthy lunches...

No more Milo's ?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...  It's right across from the campus rec center which = 100x more healthy lunches...

No more Milo's ?!?!?

Now I never implied that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top