Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:51:19 AM EDT
So I want something simple, black and white, and to the point:

The letters are self explanatory; the arrow is the common military map symbol for a machine gun. (I'm the gunner on my team.)

Any suggestions or comments?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont have any ideas to offer, but I dont care for that one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#3]
This would be an about 2 or three inch square tattoo on the left shoulder. Right shoulder will be for a 18th MP Brigade Patch (representing my first combat patch I earn.) Its really not fair, most of my unit sports a 1st Marine combat patch they earned from thier time with the Marines in the opening days of Fallujah.

EDIT: reversed shoulders....I'm a dumbass running on too little sleep.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This would be an about 2 or three inch square tattoo on the left shoulder. Right shoulder will be for a 18th MP Brigade Patch (representing my first combat patch I earn.) Its really not fair, most of my unit sports a 1st Marine combat patch they earned from thier time with the Marines in the opening days of Fallujah.
EDIT: reversed shoulders....I'm a dumbass running on too little sleep.

Yet I was told that if I joined the National Guard I couldn't wear one even though I was a member of the 1st Marine Division in Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Jacked up, Joker.

Were you one of the Marines that tried to light my now-team leader up with a .50?

Thats an intresting story, btw. My squad was outside the perimiter manning a TCP just outside Abu Garib, and the Marines in the towers started returning fire after some Hadji's lit into my buddies TCP. Sent some .50 rounds about 4 feet over the (mounted) gunners heads.

Apparently ROE for engaging enemy from those towers was tightened significantly from that event.

John

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Negative, I was there in 2003. You wouldn't want to claim any of the dickheads that were attached to us. They were reservists(not necessarily a bad thing), and completly unprepared for any type of combat(definatly a bad thing).

This however is not an Army bashing post. I am well aware that the Army has tons of outstanding soldiers.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking Mother In Law there for a minute.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]
So the MP isn't "my pooper" with the arrow pointing where to go and the US being "U (you) steer"?

Actually it seems pretty cool. Esoteric enough that you'll be annoyed by everyone asking you what it means within a week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#9]
No....its "My Post" "You skank"

lol, yeah, probably. But i dont mind....Plan on having it under the t-shirt line (at least in BDU t-shirt.) Trying to figure out when the best time to do it is...probably when all this field work relaxes a bit so I can take care of it. (it will be my first tattoo, and I don't know much about the actual inking process, or the healing process.)

John
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No....its "My Post" "You skank"

lol, yeah, probably. But i dont mind....Plan on having it under the t-shirt line (at least in BDU t-shirt.) Trying to figure out when the best time to do it is...probably when all this field work relaxes a bit so I can take care of it. (it will be my first tattoo, and I don't know much about the actual inking process, or the healing process.)

John

I'm preferential to just black ink tattoos. And ones where the "artist" doesn't have to reproduce something really common like a cartoon character. I can't tell you how many crappy tazmanian devils and other characters I've seen that are just so assed up looking.

I'm super nity picky about shit like that, so I would never get something that they could easily screw up since it'll be on there forever.

I've never understood the whole name thing... like you're going to forget your name. Or the Asian alphabet symbols... like most of the tools that get them can speak and/or read Japanese beyond one letter).

Get something that means something to you. Try desiging something yourself... maybe base it on the design you have up top here, but play around with it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#11]
OK. For the record, I made that design a few minutes ago in photoshop.

Dont really know how i could play around with it much. It pretty much says what I want it to say, how I want it to say it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
OK. For the record, I made that design a few minutes ago in photoshop.

Dont really know how i could play around with it much. It pretty much says what I want it to say, how I want it to say it.

Then go get cut.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, A: My badge number is S 4201, not CC 0100

B: I like simplicity. and less time under  a needle.

Just cause Im CLS certified doesnt mean Im not near phobic of the damn things.....just when on the recieving end :-P

Edit: Hey Airborne, I still remember the words of encouragement from before I left for Basic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You can't spell wimp without the "MP"  

Just kidding, bro.  Why not get a badge?

tinypic.com/dnljbl.gif

just never go to prison.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol, yeah, I was thinking about that. Remember thinking, "Ooooo...just added incentive not too fuck up too badly."
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless you think color would look better....

Green and Gold are the MP colors, aren't they?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#18]

That's a cool tattoo.  I like the B/W better than the color idea, tho.

I was going to get my name, rank and number tattooed on my shoulder - with my sergeant's stripes underneath.  Luckily I didn't - because it sure would have been embarassing in the officer's mess later.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I was going to get my name, rank and number tattooed on my shoulder - with my sergeant's stripes underneath.  Luckily I didn't - because it sure would have been embarassing in the officer's mess later.  

Did you opt for the Dutch flag on your tooshie instead?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I definately like the black and white better. Im white enough....if I want color on my body, I need to work on a tan.

Also thinking about the social and blood type on ribs before we deploy.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top