Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:44:58 AM EDT

For far too long the Red Cross has been a symbol of the crusader bringing pain and suffering to people already in a bad situation. Nobody wants to be rescued, and later find out there was a religious symbol on the helicopter. Most progressive thinkers would rather die, and would rather see victims of natural disasters die, than see them subjected to the symbol of the crusader.

By replacing the cross with a diamond, to be known as the "Red Crystal", it will usher in a new age of religious purges and promote the healing power of crystals.

Link

Quote:
Talks on new emblem for Red Cross
By Imogen Foulkes
BBC News, Geneva

The Swiss government is hosting two days of talks in Geneva in an effort to agree on a new emblem for the International Red Cross.

At the moment, the only two emblems recognised under the Geneva Conventions are the red cross and the red crescent.

Some countries are reluctant to use either symbol and want a new emblem which has no religious connotations.

There is a proposal for a neutral emblem: a red diamond on a white background, called the Red Crystal.

If the talks in Geneva go well, the Red Crystal is likely to be adopted at a diplomatic conference later this year.

Most countries, including Israel and Arab states, appear to be in agreement after years of negotiations.

Not religious

The IRC's traditional symbol, the red cross, has been a target of attack in the past in areas controlled by Islamic militants.

But the red cross was never designed to have religious signifance. It is a reversal of the Swiss flag and was intended to signify neutrality.

However, in the late 19th century, the Ottoman Empire began using the red crescent to protect its medical staff during war.

The crescent was recognised under the Geneva Conventions in 1929.

But Israel's Magen David Adom Society uses the red star of David. This has never been recognised and so the society is still not a full member of the Red Cross movement.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#2]
simple.. dont like it... dont accept the help..   next .
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn the historical signifigance, full PC ahead.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Unbelievable. Actually it's not. But it is disgusting to see another cave-in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
PCness at it's worst. Just when I thought that it couldn't get any worse.

ad nausium
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay, that's just stupid.  So the flag of Switzerland is a religious symbol now?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes I wonder if the Lord ever regrets promising not to flood the Earth again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I for one will not donate blood, clothes or money to the Red Diamond anymore.  First NO and now this BS.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#9]
LITTLE DO THEY KNOW HOW MANY THE "RED CRYSTLE" HAS KILLED!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#12]
The next thing you know, people will be showing up at the ex Red Cross locations just to get coffee in the morning and then complaining because the Red Diamond does not provide coffee.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#14]
All they need to do is rotate the cross 45 degress and it will be the Red X
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
All they need to do is rotate the cross 45 degress and it will be the Red X

BUT PEOPLE HATE THE RED X EVEN MORE!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I for one will not donate blood, clothes or money to the Red Diamond anymore.  First NO and now this BS.

Please don't mix up the INTERNATIONAL RED CROSS with the AMERICAN RED CROSS They are two different animals.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sometimes I wonder if the Lord ever regrets promising not to flood the Earth again.

+1  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1 Donate to the Mississippi Hurricane Relief Fund or the United Christan United Methodist Church. Least you know the money and relief supplies will actually get to the people that need it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Actually I dont' see the big deal. It's not really a cross anyway it's more of a "plus" sign . and since it was not "THE" cross, but just the swiss flag in reverse it's not really doing away with a christian symbol to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Another "intolerance" from that side...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I was thinking the Crescent Moon is in style right now and is evidently not offensive to anybody.  If it's good for the Flight 93 memorial, it should be good for the red cross.  The mooslims would like it and that's an important consideration.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.mil.se/pfp/viking01/imgpart/icrc/icrc.gif

For far too long the Red Cross has been a symbol of the crusader bringing pain and suffering to people already in a bad situation. Nobody wants to be rescued, and later find out there was a religious symbol on the helicopter. Most progressive thinkers would rather die, and would rather see victims of natural disasters die, than see them subjected to the symbol of the crusader.

So let them die. I have no problem with that.
How about we just fly over the "progressive thinkers" and throw crystals at them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Too damn funny.

That symbol was a pagan symbol long before the Xtians borrowed it.

In fact the 'cross' was NOT used as a christian symbol in their beginning, since it was viewed as a reminder of christ's suffering and execution.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#25]
im starting to lose hope for the future of our country
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I was thinking the Crescent Moon is in style right now and is evidently not offensive to anybody.  If it's good for the Flight 93 memorial, it should be good for the red cross.  The mooslims would like it and that's an important consideration.

Um, when the Red Cross operates in Muslim countries, it already DOES operate as "the Red Crescent"...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, when the Red Cross operates in Muslim countries, it already DOES operate as "the Red Crescent"...

F$%^, I forgot about that.  Those Red Crescent terrorist transportation "ambulances".  Dooh...thanks for reminding me.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Another "intolerance" from that side...

If you mean Muslims, its not them - they have the Red Crescent.
It is European Aetheists who push this kind of crap forward.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Crosses, diamonds ...........  how 'bout The Red Spade?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Crosses, diamonds ...........  how 'bout The Red Spade?  

my dog would prefer the Red Rocket.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.mil.se/pfp/viking01/imgpart/icrc/icrc.gif

So let them die. I have no problem with that.
How about we just fly over the "progressive thinkers" and throw crystals at them.

+1. fucking die already damn it. see if I care......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#32]
LMFAO well then sucker have fun starving, dehydrating, drowning, burning, or getting shot maimed and mutilated.  Deal with your problems yourself from now on.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not quite sure I understand what the big deal is..  If it is just a reversal of the Swiss flag, how does this hurt you?  I was never aware this was a religious organization.  Besides, if they are doing away with the International Red Cross, then the red crescent will be known as the red crystal as well.

Geez guys, some of you seem to just want to explode at the least little thing.

Relax.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#34]
This has got to be a joke.

If it isn't, then boycott of Switzerland goes into full frikken gear.

No more Victorniox or Wenger. No more Swatch. No more, um, what the hell else do the Swiss make? Anyway, turn their stupid trilingual country into a incadescent Alpine inferno.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Does that measn the red cresent will change as well?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Lord never promised to never again hurl big fucking rocks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#37]
man, what happens if i don't wanna be saved by a frigging poker hand?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lord never promised to never again hurl big fucking rocks.

And He actually DID promise to hurl big fucking rocks.  Flaming ones at that.  

Don't forget that the Flight 93 memorial is going to honor Islam too.  WTF is going on?  It seems this world is going to hell faster than ever before and on a grander scale.

It'll get worse before it gets better.  Much worse.  MUCH, much worse.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Screw the Red Cross-

When my Dad (Korean Vet -  3rd ID, 15th Regiment Tank Battalion) told me of the Red Cross charging US Troops (including wounded) for coffee and doughnuts, yet handing them out free of charge to Chineese and North Korean POW's after a major ofensive...I lost all respect for them.

I'll never give them a dime.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Does this mean the Swiss will have to change their flag now too ?

I'll bet not.  

Here is a list of the flags of the world whom, if they agree, will have to change their flag to be PC:

Australia - Red cross
Bermuda - Red cross
Denmark - White cross
Dominican Republic - White cross
Fiji Islands - Red Cross
Finland - Blue cross
Greece - White cross
Iceland - Red cross
Malta - White cross
New Zealand - Red cross
Norway - Blue cross
Slovakia - White cross
Sweden - Gold cross
Zwitzerland - White cross
United Kingdon - Red cross
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Maybe they should use a RED DOT!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Just another step to communism.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Bad Religion Kicks Ass!!!

Back on topic... I was expecting an Onion link... not the BBC....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#45]
No more Ricola! No more Swiss Miss hot chocolate! No more swiss cheese!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe they'll use the Illuminati Diamond.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#47]
They could change from the red cross to the brown stinkpickle and I wouldn't care.

My money goes to the Salvation Army.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe a red hammer & sickel? Or a red star? I wouldn't give those commie NGF's a red cent!!!

They ain't your daddy's Red Cross.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#49]
i was certain this was an onion link...wtf.

if you locked me in a room for a year with the red cross emblem, i still wouldnt be anywhere close to coming up with this idea.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Next time its fire.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top