Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 9:34:37 AM EDT
Anyone have any expiernce with these? seem pretty sweet, but a lil pricy. I like the added security and quick access ability for a small lil safe near my bed.

https://secure.sequiam.com/NRA/biovault/quantity.asp
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#2]
"There are no override keys and no special security codes"

no thanks, my luck has the damn thing not opening when I want to get to my gun
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been using biometrics for years now, and aside from me not putting my hand in the right spot, I've never had a failure to open.

Very interesting!

That is actually the older version too.  There's a newer one:
www.fingerprintdoorlocks.com/products/biovault2/biovault2.php
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
hmmm didnt notice that about the override, having a override key would be nice, its looks like that 2.0 has some kind of keypad on it, maybe the new one has a keypad override.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been using biometrics for years now, and aside from me not putting my hand in the right spot, I've never had a failure to open.

Very interesting!

Is it plugged into an electrical outlet?

Battery?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Smith & Wesson VersaVault as an alternative.  It has multiple mounting positons, a secondary key, and can be found for about $130 if you look real hard (i.e. gunbroker).

I like the idea of a nightside gun safe with quick access.  Just make sure that this thing can be securely fastened down, and will work when you need it to.

I suggest that you do internet searches for reviews on the product.  When I did the same on a similar device, I couldn't find any reviews, so I bought the versavault.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
tag for needing good fast open bedside container
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very interesting!

Battery?

Both battery and option outlet
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very interesting!

Battery?

Both battery and option outlet

Add a key override and I'd get one...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
lets hope so, the gen 2 is supposed to be released or just about to, havent seen much online about it though, this one seems really cool too its a keypad not finger print,  but it has to be mounted in the wall...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top