Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 4:46:54 AM EDT
Anyone else in here enjoy smoking a pipe?

I hardly ever see any pipe smokers anymore.  When someone sees me smoking a pipe I usually get a second glance like wow havent seen that lately.  
I do get lots of compliments, because of the aromatic tobacco I smoke.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Dunhill pipe and tobacco.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
ive got a buddy just starting to smoke a pipe...
Funny brings back memories of how hard it used to be keeping it lit and tongue bite.
Those are probably a few reasons in the decline of pipe smokers, because of todays instant gratification society.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I quit in the 70's
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#4]
How did I know that was coming...

Im talking about this kinda pipe:

but you knew that
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]

I used to smoke tobacco pipes as well, but they have gone to the wayside over the years. I have a couple of Petersons around here somewhere. I used to smoke mostly black Latakia (sp?).

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to, more of a hobby than a habit, like an adult pacifier.  It's relaxing.

I still have them, and once in a while I sit out on the porch swing and puff away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#7]
If those petersons are taking up to much space, feel free to send them to me.

Or just pick one up and and enjoy a cool smoke.  I usually slow down or give up the briar during the hot weather, but when the weather cools down, they start calling my name.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#8]
anyone else find it hard to find somewhere you can smoke a pipe, ie restaraunts and such?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top