Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 1:01:11 AM EDT
"How do the adults really feel about us moving in?" he asked at Camp Williams, a military base 21 miles south of Salt Lake City housing about 400 refugees from last weeks disaster. "What if I find a Caucasian girl and decide to date her?

"Will I have to deal with whispering behind me and eyeballing me?" asked the 36-year-old black man.

"I'm planning a whole new life," said Phillip Johnson II, 23, who has already arranged an apartment in Salt Lake City. "It's an opportunity knocking for me out here."

Just curious.  Please, no racist comments.linkiepoo

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are all the white women at?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe Detroit would be more to his liking if he is so concerned with sticking out like a sore thumb.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]
How do they feel?
Well, if you act like a gentleman, open doors for ladies, dont slouch, dont stand on the street corner stinkin the palce up, dont use drugs, have common decency and a good work ethic I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#5]
He will have no problem as long as he becomes a Mormon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Where be de white wimminz?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"What if I find a Caucasian girl and decide to date her?"

He wont have much choice unless he decides to date another evacuee.

I have lived in the Salt Lake City area and yes, they will stick out like a sore thumb.  That doesn't necessarily mean they will be treated poorly.  I just hope they will be willing to adjust to the new environment instead of acting as thought they are still in New Orleans.  It's a COMPLETELY different place.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:51:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]
It should be obvious\
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top