Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 9:26:45 PM EDT
Linky

DENVER (AP) -- Passengers on a Frontier Airlines plane carrying Hurricane Katrina evacuees from Houston to Denver subdued a man and tied him up with duct tape after he assaulted a flight attendant, police said.

The altercation began Tuesday when Jason Glen Tervort, 26, walked up to the flight attendant in the center aisle and said: ''Ladies and gentleman, I have an announcement to make. My name is Jason,'' according to the federal arrest warrant.

When the flight attendant tried to get Tervort back to his seat, he allegedly poked her while saying, ''I'm a man,'' then began pushing and slapping her.

Several men got out of their seats to subdue Tervort, who was spitting, biting and yelling profanities, Denver police spokeswoman Virginia Lopez said Wednesday. The men then used duct tape to tie Tervort's arms and legs to a rail on the seats.

Tervort, who had recently been discharged from the Army, did not appear to be one of the evacuees. It was unclear how many of the men who subdued him were among the evacuees being taken to a shelter in Colorado.

Tervort suffered minor injuries in the incident. Police officers who met the plane at the airport noticed blood on the floor where Tervort had been tied up.

None of the passengers who subdued Tervort will face charges, police said. ''They used the amount of force necessary,'' Lopez said.

Tervort faces a federal charge of interference with flight crew members and attendants.

Frontier Airlines spokesman Joe Hodas said the flight attendant was shaken, but physically unharmed.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
First and last flight for this member of the bourgeoisie.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The old adage still holds true.

Life is harder if you're stupid.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
whoa he must have spent too much time in the middle east to come back here and pull that crap.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, You would think they could have found a funny way to tape him up, maybe hog tied and hanging from a luggage rack?

My sis work as a Stewardess, she has had to bitchslap a few guy down and had them arrested for drunken behaviour...

One guy was refused a flight back from Fiji, boy was his wife pissed
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmm, You would think they could have found a funny way to tape him up, maybe hog tied and hanging from a luggage rack?

My sis work as a Stewardess, she has had to bitchslap a few guy down and had them arrested for drunken behaviour...

One guy was refused a flight back from Fiji, boy was his wife pissed

Like this

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell, if he didn't appreciate the ride they should have let him out............at 35000 feet!
What an asshole!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Several men got out of their seats to subdue Tervort, who was spitting, biting and yelling profanities, Denver police spokeswoman Virginia Lopez said Wednesday. The men then used duct tape to tie Tervort's arms and legs to a rail on the seats.

I'm glad to read this part.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:12:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let's Roll!

Tervort, who had recently been discharged from the Army, did not appear to be one of the evacuees. It was unclear how many of the men who subdued him were among the evacuees being taken to a shelter in Colorado.
Honorable or dishonorable discharge?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top