Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 9:08:17 PM EDT
I am already pissed off today and then I get this

Iran military says Katrina showed U.S. could be turned into “war zone”    Sun. 11 Sep 2005

Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Sep. 11 – Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have been following closely the way the United States government has been handling Hurricane Katrina, and drawing strategic conclusions from it.

In remarks that appeared on Ansar-e Hezbollah website on Sunday, a top official of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) said the devastating hurricane had exposed America’s vulnerabilities.

“The mismanagement and the mishandling of the acute psychological problems brought about by Hurricane Katrina clearly showed that others can, at any given time, create a devastated war-zone in any part of the U.S.”, Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri, the official spokesman of the IRGC, said.

“If the U.S. attacks Iran, each of America’s states will face a crisis the size of Katrina”, he said, referring to the massive hurricane which hit the southern coast of the United States. “The smallest mistake by America in this regard will result in every single state in that country turning into a disaster zone”.

“How could the White House, which is impotent in the face of a storm and a natural disaster, enter a military conflict with the powerful Islamic Republic of Iran, particularly with the precious experience that we gained in the eight-year war with Iraq?” he said.

Jazayeri said the hurricane havoc showed that “contrary to public perception, the strength of America’s leadership is like a balloon, which can easily burst”.

The Revolutionary Guards spokesman said the U.S. administration’s inability to end the insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan showed the “weakness of America’s defence and state departments, as well as its intelligence and security apparatus”.

In a defiant tone that mirrored recent remarks by top officials of the Islamic Republic, the IRGC spokesman said, “Precise information from inside America shows a lack of coordination among military, security, and political agencies in that country and brings to light the fact that others can cause many times the amount of damage compared to the blows they may receive”.

Jazayeri said predictions “that the U.S. would soon disintegrate into smaller independent states are completely feasible from a scientific, logical, and political point of view”.

Turning his attention to the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001, Jazayeri said, “Now is the time to tell the world public opinion about those events and the weaknesses of the White House’s response”.

“Don’t forget one thing about that day; the U.S. President and all the American leaders ran away and hid themselves”, he said.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck'em.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am already pissed off today and then I get this

Iran military says Katrina showed U.S. could be turned into “war zone”    Sun. 11 Sep 2005

Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Sep. 11 – Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have been following closely the way the United States government has been handling Hurricane Katrina, and drawing strategic conclusions from it.

In remarks that appeared on Ansar-e Hezbollah website on Sunday, a top official of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) said the devastating hurricane had exposed America’s vulnerabilities.

“The mismanagement and the mishandling of the acute psychological problems brought about by Hurricane Katrina clearly showed that others can, at any given time, create a devastated war-zone in any part of the U.S.”, Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri, the official spokesman of the IRGC, said.

“If the U.S. attacks Iran, each of America’s states will face a crisis the size of Katrina”, he said, referring to the massive hurricane which hit the southern coast of the United States. “The smallest mistake by America in this regard will result in every single state in that country turning into a disaster zone”.

“How could the White House, which is impotent in the face of a storm and a natural disaster, enter a military conflict with the powerful Islamic Republic of Iran, particularly with the precious experience that we gained in the eight-year war with Iraq?” he said.
Jazayeri said the hurricane havoc showed that “contrary to public perception, the strength of America’s leadership is like a balloon, which can easily burst”.

The Revolutionary Guards spokesman said the U.S. administration’s inability to end the insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan showed the “weakness of America’s defence and state departments, as well as its intelligence and security apparatus”.

In a defiant tone that mirrored recent remarks by top officials of the Islamic Republic, the IRGC spokesman said, “Precise information from inside America shows a lack of coordination among military, security, and political agencies in that country and brings to light the fact that others can cause many times the amount of damage compared to the blows they may receive”.

Jazayeri said predictions “that the U.S. would soon disintegrate into smaller independent states are completely feasible from a scientific, logical, and political point of view”.

Turning his attention to the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001, Jazayeri said, “Now is the time to tell the world public opinion about those events and the weaknesses of the White House’s response”.

“Don’t forget one thing about that day; the U.S. President and all the American leaders ran away and hid themselves”, he said.

Because that's what we do best. We're better at destroying stuff than rebuilding  

Bring it bitches!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was in the Navy we had a saying for Iran:

Fuck Iran
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fuck'em.....

.... we got nukes.

They could, in theory, turn parts of the US into chaos.

We could, in theory, turn ALL of Iran into radioactive glass.

All that matters in the end is who's still alive. There would be more of us than them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
mann.. wtf
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#6]
surely they realize what a foolish idea it would be to try to create a "war zone" in the US
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck iran.

I think he has his towel wrapped around his head a little too tight.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Let them come. I'm more than ready.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, well their turn is coming...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Iran isn't going to do squat and they know it. This was just a move to disrespect and mock the US, and to be honest, they aren't the only ones dissapointed/surprised with how the events following this natural disaster unfolded.

They are actually revealing a implicit respect for the US because they are surprised by this one event. 99% of the time the US is 100x ahead of everyone else, this just showed a chip in the armor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Man that sounds exactly like what a DUer would say.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the looters should have been shipped to the Middle east, let them do most of the work for the soldiers that will have to be sent there eventually anyways........

Oh, and what number is Iran on the list of  Countries ot be demolished?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Iran isn't going to do squat and they know it. This was just a move to disrespect and mock the US, and to be honest, they aren't the only ones dissapointed/surprised with how the events following this natural disaster unfolded.

They are actually revealing a implicit respect for the US because they are surprised by this one event. 99% of the time the US is 100x ahead of everyone else, this just showed a chip in the armor.

Isn't the word supposed to be chi    .....

Oh nevermind. I don't want to get banned..
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How do you improve things? You fix the problems. Saying it's not a problem won't make it better.

Speaking of Iran's military, i find it ironic that they have undeniable evidence that Israeli female soldiers are friggin hot.

http://www.irandefence.net/showthread.php?t=29
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#16]
And you expected what from them?

A Get Well card?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I was expecting maybe flowers but it dosen't surprise me
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
And you expected what from them?

A Get Well card?

They tried to give us oil and all we had to do was sell our soul.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Who are they kidding? Iran attacking the US would be the BEST thing that could happen to Bush. He would mobilize the rest of the army, and carpet bomb their asses back farther into the stone age, and no one would complain.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Who are they kidding? Iran attacking the US would be the BEST thing that could happen to Bush. He would mobilize the rest of the army, and carpet bomb their asses back farther into the stone age, and no one would complain.

carpet bomb what... there isn't much of value to blow up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah but you're missing the point, carpet bombing feels good even if its only a remote 1 camel village......
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah but you're missing the point, carpet bombing feels good even if its only a remote 1 camel village......

Yea... we perfected that tactic under clinton.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cities
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cities

The day a president has the balls to do it, I'll eat my keyboard with some grey poupon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Like I have posted elsewhere. Iran should be one part of a large glowing mirror that we could use to inspect Space Shuttle tiles.

Still waiting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:22:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah, well their turn is coming...

Yep, they are #2... and #1 is being dealt with right now.
The more they want to act like a spoiled little brat, the more we're going to blow them off as such.

Quoted:

While I was reading the article I was thinking the same thing.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hey, he's a comedian! Let's roll some tanks into Tehran and ask the General to stamp the parking tickets.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, all they have to do is drop the US below sea level and flood it, and they've defeated us!

The only reason rescue operations are so difficult there is that the flood waters are not running off immediately after the hurricane passes like it always does other places.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#30]
They're just pissed because the US refused to accept their generous gift of 20,000,000 barrels of oil and lift the sanctions against them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Can you post a link to the original article? I'd like to pass it along to a few other folks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#33]
I think it's good that our enemies base their strategy upon a response from the bottom rung of all the states in the union.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Who cares?  Those numb***s can't do anything but scratch their a** when they get a little earthquake.  If they start some, they'll get some.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Katrina- iranatK. Get it? Iran attack.  Hmmmmm.
Almost forgot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top