Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 8:37:58 PM EDT
Oh. My. God.

www.wcpo.com/news/2004/local/06/03/store_shooting.html

A Roselawn shop owner won't go to jail for shooting and killing a man who was robbing his store.

Prosecutors said Adrab Ashishi was just defending himself when a man dressed head to toe in black with a mask and a gun confronted him.

Ashishi said he was afraid for his life.

"And he drew a gun and he said stop from right there where the counter is, so I ducked and I went this way I drew my gun and he came out and he was right there with the gun in his hand I shot him in there and we met right here when he came here I shot him like this and he was dead," Ashishi said.

"He legally possessed that gun, he legally used it and it's always a shame when someone dies, but in this case this guy had it coming to him," said Mike Allen, Hamilton County Prosecutor.

David Billups had just been released from prison on an armed robbery conviction.

Allen said now that there's a concealed carry law we may see more store owners defending themselves like this in the future.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Good job!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Way to go Mr. Ashishi!

And kudos to Mr. Allen, the prosecutor.

Nice that Ohio has joined the overwhelming majority of states that allow CCW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent shooting sir!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: Allen said now that there's a concealed carry law we may see more store owners defending themselves like this in the future.
Yeah baby! Now the criminals have to roll the dice at every robbery attempt. They won't know who is packing, they will be scared that their intended victim (or a bystander) will shoot back. I predict that crime will rise in the areas bordering the Concealed Permit region. If you can't eliminate crime, then push the criminals on those who don't respect the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I love these stories.  One more for the good guys....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If only all DAs had this much common sense!

:)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I love happy endings.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
One less contaminant of the gene pool
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where's Roselawn?

I've been through Roseland (south side of Chicago) and it's not much of a garden spot.

Looks like Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
That just made my night. Very cool.

I love this state, sometimes.

You know something? We always have "fire missions" when we see an injustice, or want to get something done. How about sending the DA a nice little "thank you" letter or email? While it's important to persuade those in authority, sometimes it's just as important to pat them on the back when they've done something right for a change.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, you know business owners and their employees are some of the best places to find prospective NRA members? Even the pizza delivery guys are getting some action! claytoncramer.com/gundefenseblog/blogger.html

Police say a Pizza deliveryman arrived at the apartment complex, and the suspects actually paid for it. But as the victim was making change, a hooded man came up from behind him with a gun and demanded money. The Pizza deliveryman gave him his wallet, but then pulled out a gun and opened fire on him. The suspect took off running with a gunshot wound to his arm

Police eventually caught up with the suspect in another apartment; he was hiding in the closet. A man and woman were also arrested in connection with the robbery, as was another man in the apartment who was caught smoking marijuana. The pizza deliveryman was not hurt. This September 5, 2005 report from WOAI channel 4 tells us that the pizza delivery guy had a concealed carry permit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top