Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 7:54:47 PM EDT
I am too happy about finnaly having some AC here in south Texas and protection from the wasps, bubble bees and thorns.

4WD John Deere 6715.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool! I have a certain prejudice for JD tractors - user friendly and always start in cold weather.

My only question is why would a disk be named "Hay King?"

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like fun.

Always wanted to drive a tractor but never got the chance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh man you are going to LOVE it. We got a new 5325 where I work and I couldnt spend enough time in it. The front wheel assist is a blessing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn good looking piece of green machinery.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
... Very cool

... Some of my fondest high-school memories (that didn't involve chasing girls) was driving the school's John Deere home for the weekend.

P.S. Your picture makes a nice wallpaper on my screen

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish we used a disc.

My dad is still stuck in a rut and uses a goddamned one way. Big sonofa...but still, a ONE WAY?!!?

Only damned tractor in the county pullin a frickin one way.

Otherwise, you got screwed on the price. Very nice rig, but if its painted green it took your green.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet... kind of a shitty little front end loader ...

Need a 310 SG to compliment it

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sweet... kind of a shitty little front end loader ...

Need a 310 SG to compliment it

Its so the wife can putter in the garden with it......Only way she'd let him get it.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Its replacing my Ford 6610.  It had a new engine put in and still is a good tractor, but it just did not have the power to shred some of the tough brush any faster than 1st gear.  Plus it would tend to over-heat due to the load.  If the dealer does not sell it by the time they bring back the rhino bat wing shredder from service, I'll tell them to toss it on the trailer too.

In arfcom tradition, I'll have two!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Its replacing my Ford 6610.  It had a new engine put in and still is a good tractor, but it just did not have the power to shred some of the tough brush any faster than 1st gear.  Plus it would tend to over-heat due to the load.  If the dealer does not sell it by the time they bring back the rhino bat wing shredder from service, I'll tell them to toss it on the trailer too.

In arfcom tradition, I'll have two!

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I think.....we need some more pics!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
You should have paid the extra coin for the up-armored version.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice, Last tractor I ran was an old Allis Chalmers, and that was last year, spent a lot of time running a disc with that old beast. Damn what a fun way to spend a summer
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You should have paid the extra coin for the up-armored version.

heh. Nothing a welder and a few hours by the iron pile cant solve.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Congratulations!.  Looks like it is an "about time" updgrade for you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I like John Deere Green
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, as far as the getting screwed, Padre and I drove New Holland, and Kubota.  My uncle is a Kubota dealer in Alabama BTW.

The New Holland had a cab that was too small and the Kubota's AC was designed to run in a Pinto.  My uncle said that they were tinting the windows just to help it keep things cool.  The JD will freeze you out on a low setting.  We decided that this was the tractor for us, plus the dealer was very service friendly.  They set up guards for us on the tank and hydro hoses free of charge, since we told them that it would be used in heavy brush.  They are even selling the Ford off their lot for free, no consignment.  If is not sold in a week well take it back though.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#19]
awesome, I drive a FMC PSC-156.  I should take my camera to work and take pictures some time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wish we used a disc.

My dad is still stuck in a rut and uses a goddamned one way. Big sonofa...but still, a ONE WAY?!!?

Only damned tractor in the county pullin a frickin one way.

Otherwise, you got screwed on the price. Very nice rig, but if its painted green it took your green.

Make that two. My Dad still uses a one-way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top