Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2001 10:46:00 PM EDT
I live in Savannah and will be moving to Port Wentworth in a few months. How many AR15.com members are in the area and where do you shoot?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
HEY! I use to be stationed at Ft. Stupid!  I loved Savannah, thats a fun place.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#2]
How about down at the water front after you visit each and every bar.[:D]

I loved St.Pattys day down there! Talk about a BUNCH of drunks. I use to live in Hilton Head and we would go to Savannah to party hard every weekend. I remember once I pulled up at a McDonalds drive thru and a huge black dude came out from the sgin and wanted to sell me drugs! It was late and dark out and that scared the piss out of me. Talk about service. My window went up pretty quick and the black marks still might be there.

To answer you question sorry I have no idea where to shoot. It was before I got into guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I live in Savannah and will be moving to Port Wentworth in a few months. How many AR15.com members are in the area and where do you shoot?

Thanks
View Quote
There is Southeastern Shooting Center across the river on Hwy 17 in SC.  However, I called the number a few days ago and it is disconnected.  I have been meaning to drive over there to see what's up.  There is supposedly a place in Richmond Hill but I have never been over there.  Really not much in the way of places to shoot in Chatham County, which is really surprising, being in the Deep South and all.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
There is Southeastern Shooting Center across the river on Hwy 17 in SC.  However, I called the number a few days ago and it is disconnected.  I have been meaning to drive over there to see what's up.
View Quote

I would double check the area code.  Here in L.A., the phone companies, have sub-sub divided telehpone area codes, and you may have the wrong area code.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, SP, I live near Savannah.  I've used Ricky's range across the bridge in SC a couple of times w/ friends but haven't been in a couple years.  There is a range in Richmond Hill, but I've never used it.  I live in a rural area about 15 minutes from the airport, so I just go out into the woods behind the house whenever I "feel the urge", so shoot me an e-mail.
(Give me a week to respond, though, as I'm currently in PR.)
 [beer]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all that replied.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Call the local cops and as them where the public range is. I have a buddy who is on recuting duty in Savanna, and there is a free public(read you are on your own for safety) range right outside of savanna. I don't know if it's the same place that the others are talking about, but it looked t obe about 100 yards. I went before I had my AR, but had a blast throwing lead.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey, SP, I live near Savannah.  I've used Ricky's range across the bridge in SC a couple of times w/ friends but haven't been in a couple years.  There is a range in Richmond Hill, but I've never used it.  I live in a rural area about 15 minutes from the airport, so I just go out into the woods behind the house whenever I "feel the urge", so shoot me an e-mail.
(Give me a week to respond, though, as I'm currently in PR.)
 [beer]
View Quote
Are you in Effingham and if so are you near Roebling Road?

Warlord, they do have a new NPA (Area Code) and I was dialing it.  Good idea, made me look at my list on my phone to make sure I had new one in there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#9]
The range in South Carolina is SNAFU.  It was closed down to everything but sporting clays for over a year because of design, safety, zoning (read bullets scaring people on other properties) and never got back up and running for pistols and rifles.  I've heard, but not verified, that it is now closed.  

I go to the public range on Kilkenny road in Richmond Hill.  It is maintained by DNR.    It's off 144, which you can get to out of Savannah by 17.  You can mix in I95 if you want.  When you turn left onto kilkenny (it only goes left off of 144) the range will be your second dirt road on the left.  You need to bring targets, target stands, ammo, ears and eyes, and firearms.  They have a 105 yard range with a berm at one end and three covered shooting tables at the other.  That's it.  No rental counter, no rangemaster.  I've seen groups of people out there drinking and shooting, so I usually do not go alone.  of course I've also seen nice grandparents there teaching youngsters to shoot .22 rifles, so I'm not saying it's all bad.  Unless you know someone with land outside the city limits or know someone who can get you onto the range at Travis, Hunter or the CCSO, that's about it.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top