Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 7:45:02 PM EDT
Is the following statement a CoC violation?

If I were in my home in New orleans, I would use deadly force to resist anyone, including a police officer or national guardsman, who attempted to deprive me of my weapons.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No its what should be done. I wouldn't think twice to do it and I'm friends with every cop here.

snitches

Have rope will hang
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow.

Nobody likes snitches, dude.

+1000.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is everyone so sure the intent here is snitching?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Popcorn *Check*

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He dedicated a thread to it named CoC

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is the following statement a CoC violation?

If I were in my home in New orleans, I would use deadly force to resist anyone, including a police officer or national guardsman, who attempted to deprive me of my weapons.

I have to agree with the comment. I've broken no laws, you'll have to take them from my cold dead hands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Let the Revolution Begin!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What else?

Because he could have asked site staff privately, or being a lawyer could probably read the CoC himself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I doubt you will find that precise statement anywhere on the boards. I ask the question because I am trying to figure whether (a) this place has degenerated to the point that that is a genuine CoC violation, or (b) threads containing similar statements are being locked because too many mods are supine badge-lickers and/or maudlin, crying-in-their-beer "when we do right, no one remembers; when we do wrong, no one forgets" cops.

I am genuinely curious as to the "reasoning" underlying thread-locking on a gun board for expressions of the same willingness to kill gun grabbers that the Concord Militia displayed in April of 1775.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He dedicated a thread to it named CoC

I just don't understand if it is in reference to a specific poster's statement or rather an attempt to force site mods take an official stance on how talk about violent resistance to confiscation will be handled.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I doubt you will find that precise statement anywhere on the boards. I ask the question because I am trying to figure whether (a) this place has degenerated to the point that that is a genuine CoC violation, or (b) threads containing similar statements are being locked because too many mods are supine badge-lickers and/or maudlin, crying-in-their-beer "when we do right, no one remembers; when we do wrong, no one forgets" cops.

I am genuinely curious as to the "reasoning" underlying thread-locking on gun board for expressions of the same willingness to kill gun grabbers that the Concord Militia displayed in April of 1775.

answered my question before I finished typing

edit: good question
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have no idea.. Sounds like a legitimate question to me, as there seems to be some confusion to what is CoC acceptable, especially in refrence to LEOs (not suggesting a double standard here, just that some people are touchy on the subject and take comments too far)

I think it would be snitching if the original poster was mentioned, or at least a thread linked.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Interesting. It seems that there are any numbers of quotes from the Founding Fatrhers that could get a thread locked - e.g.: "Cops are confiscating guns from law-abiding people in their own homes. I agree with ~ George Mason . . . ."

Interestingly, at the time of the Revolution disobeying orders from redcoats, refusing to quarter them in one's home, and certainly firing on them were illegal.  I take it then that had a Lexington farmer made the following post on Arfcomme on April 17, 1775:

Indeed, if Ye Red Coat shite panted bastards seeke to confiscate the firelocks of oure unsanctioned militia, we shalle fire uppon them & pursue them all thee way to Boston, killing as many as we can. BTW, Lex/Concord crewe: who will jine me on the 21st (instant) for burning of ye tax collector's home? Meete up at Graves's Tavern, Charles Towne, at 7 in the evening that date.

the thread, and perhapos his account, would be locked.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am genuinely curious as to the "reasoning" underlying thread-locking on a gun board for expressions of the same willingness to kill gun grabbers that the Concord Militia displayed in April of 1775.

You should have said this in the first post.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Interesting. It seems that there are any numbers of quotes from the Founding Fatrhers that could get a thread locked - e.g.: "Cops are confiscating guns from law-abiding people in their own homes. I agree with ~ George Mason . . . ."

Interestingly, at the time of the Revolution disobeying orders from redcoats, refusing to quarter them in one's home, and certainly firing on them were illegal.  I take it then that had a Lexington farmer made the following post on Arfcomme on April 17, 1775:

Indeed, if Ye Red Coat shite panted bastards seeke to confiscate the firelocks of oure unsanctioned militia, we shalle fire uppon them & pursue them all thee way to Boston, killing as many as we can. BTW, Lex/Concord crewe: who will jine me on the 21st (instant) for burning of ye tax collector's home? Meete up at Graves's Tavern, Charles Towne, at 7 in the evening that date.

Perhaps an electronic flogging or time in the cyber stocks would be meted out...

Not sure the founding fathers would get to triple digits in posts before being locked... such is life in the eggshell-carpeted 21st century...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'd cyber-pat you on the back if I wasn't laughing so hard. That's funny and spot-on at the same time.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Because if you had, a bunch of people, including myself, would not have questioned your motives in starting this thread.

I assumed wrongly and admit it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Technically, thats not a threat...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This is still a Republic of laws and courts – if just barely in parts.

Does taking a gun from someone warrant the death penalty? If so the entire political structure of the city of New York City, Chicago, and the states of Massachusetts, Hawaii, California, New Jersey, and a bunch more deserve death! Sounds like a good start to me
We all have but one life to give so we had better choose the hill we want to die for very carefully because there is no reset button on a rifle round to the center of mass.

If your concerned enough then it’s time to put down the pen and pick up the sword. If you really believe that this is the revolution, the overthrow of the rule of the people by the government forces, if you believe that the military is taking over then get busy as you have very little time to be chatting back and forth on the Internet – at least in the open.

I haven’t heard a whimper about the Texas authorities doing wand and pat down searches of the refugees entering the Superdome when they got off their buses confiscating knives and guns from the citizens.

BTW: has martial law been declared yet?

Anyway ...

If you’re standing around waving a knife and a firearm on your front porch when the authorities come around looking for firearms then it is quite possible that you need to be removed from the gene pool which the way things are running is pretty much guaranteed.

Either sequester the weapons for the time that there’s not five to ten highly trained, armored, and armed soldiers laying siege to your bunker or bug the heck out and start voting with rifle rounds – which by the way – many of New Orleans citizens have been doing shooting passing helicopters, power company employees, and uniformed officers.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Technically, thats not a threat...

A promise then?

Cause and effect relationship.  Lays the outcome completely within the other party's power to determine.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
This is still a Republic of laws and courts – if just barely in parts.

There were open courts and abundant laws in the colonies in 1775.

Does taking a gun from someone warrant the death penalty? If so the entire political structure of the city of New York City, Chicago, and the states of Massachusetts, Hawaii, California, New Jersey, and a bunch more deserve death!

It does warrant the death penalty, and I agree whole-heartedly that the political entities you list should be tried by a revolutionary tribunal and then burned at the stake pour encourager les autres. Caesar's assault on the Republic was properly punished. However, if you see no difference between unjust laws on the books and actual door-to-door gun confiscation, you aren't thinking clearly or there's something thinner than blood running in your veins.

We all have but one life to give so we had better choose the hill we want to die for very carefully because there is no reset button on a rifle round to the center of mass.

If your concerned enough then it’s time to put down the pen and pick up the sword. If you really believe that this is the revolution, the overthrow of the rule of the people by the government forces, if you believe that the military is taking over then get busy as you have very little time to be chatting back and forth on the Internet – at least in the open.

Excellent attempt at escape and evasion on your part. However, the question isn't whether "this is the revolution," or even whether it is inadmissibly arrogant for you to presume to tell me how I should respond if I believe it is. The question is whether it is appropriate to lock threads when people advocate violent resistance to forcible armed confiscation of lawfully owned firearms, and if so, why.

I haven’t heard a whimper about the Texas authorities doing wand and pat down searches of the refugees entering the Superdome when they got off their buses confiscating knives and guns from the citizens.

Apples and oranges. They can condition the receipt of services on pretty much anything they want to: it's their stadium. On any given Sunday, they stop paying customers from bringing in their own beer.

BTW: has martial law been declared yet?

There are no reliable reports that it has been.

Anyway ...

If you’re standing around waving a knife and a firearm on your front porch when the authorities come around looking for firearms then it is quite possible that you need to be removed from the gene pool which the way things are running is pretty much guaranteed.

Either sequester the weapons for the time that there’s not five to ten highly trained, armored, and armed soldiers laying siege to your bunker or bug the heck out and start voting with rifle rounds – which by the way – many of New Orleans citizens have been doing shooting passing helicopters, power company employees, and uniformed officers.

I guess you haven't been following the boards. The videos that have been linked involve attacks by the police on people who are on their own property, threatening no one; and the news reports are that the cops are seizing people's guns without regard to any misconduct by the victims. The police have been conducting door-to-door seizures of lawfully owned weapons from unoffending citizens on their own premises.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#27]

If  + Not  =  False

False  = No  real            threat.

No real            threat.   +  CoC  =  w00t!

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#28]
The room is getting smaller, and the elephants are growing in number.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Tagged. I've wanted to know where the line is myself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#31]
snitche

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I am not sure which thread you're talking about specifically, but in general I can say a couple of things:

1) Some threads about the topic were locked because they were dupes.  SOP.  There's a mega-thread going on right now about the topic, and in order to keep information from being scattered all over the board about it, the mods are trying to consolidate conversation in the one thread.

2) The original thread talking about the subject was locked for a comment about killing anything in Kevlar.  Not just the guys who are confiscating guns.  That would include all the guys out there who are running security (a la Blackwater) and perhaps some prepared civilians (like some people who post here) who are wearing Kevlar.  Kill 'em all ain't gonna cut it.

Hope that helps to clear things up.

No specific thread is in dispute, and you didn't directly answer his question. I'm going to steal FLAL1A's example, and use it for myself as a positive affirmation of my position. I'd like to go on record as stating the following:

What I just said is not hypothetical, and I'm not using it as an example. Is what I just said a CoC violation?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Make that a double scaffold, please.

What I just said is not hypothetical, and I'm not using it as an example. Is what I just said a CoC violation?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Pony up to the bar, folks. Me, too.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#35]
If I were in my home in New Orleans, I'd fight to the death to protect my dog from the vicious, dog-slaying JBT's!!!

COC be damned!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If I were in my home in New Orleans, I'd fight to the death to protect my dog from the vicious, dog-slaying JBT's!!!

COC be damned!!

+1, Hands off my Dog!

And my guns.

And my other stuff too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Yes if that action was illegal at the time - doesn't say anything about immoral, unjust, or un-Constitutional.

It appears we have a paradox.  The Constitution is the highest law in the land.  The gun grabber would be the infringing party, and technically in violation of that law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top