Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 7:04:23 PM EDT
With all the Local LEO's and out of state LEO's and some military,breaking down doors in New Orleans to search for survivers and to take firearms either left by citizens or there with the citizens of New Orleans, I have one question? What is the difference of these people doing this and if it were the Blue Helmets of the UN?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
UN Troops will take your guns, but don't body slam little old ladies.

(Referring specifically to CHiP)

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The blue helmets make better targets of course
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It just urks me when members are either pro-LEO or LEO that agree to the consitution is trampled on and they themselves would follow orders because it was their job.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The uniform!!  What do I win??
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
UN troops would stage a photo-op of a bulldozer rolling over a pile of conficated weapons on Bourbon Street.

The local LEOs will just take them home and/or list them on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
UN troops would stage a photo-op of a bulldozer rolling over a pile of conficated weapons on Bourbon Street.

Sorry, but that was a good one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Actually, Phrench troops would surrender to a pile of confiscated weapons.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
We would shoot at UN troops.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
UN Troops will take your guns, but don't body slam little old ladies.

(Referring specifically to CHiP)

That's a good point. I have a feeling that European blue helmets would be much "nicer" about things... not like the JBT Chips...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not much, it appears.

Sadly.

Those NOPD and LAPD asshats might as well be from Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe...for all I can see.

Eric The(UeberCivilian)Hun

You're right...stealing guns, stealing land...same thing...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The only difference would be, the way they speak english
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You left out "use as throw-downs".
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
well, Blue Helmets are not your neighbours or even fellow Americans for the most part so shoting them is easier, hell, the helmets make nice targets.

The others doing, the Americans (and I use that term loosely) are traitors pure and simple, shoot them or hang them, it isbetter than they deserve
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What is the difference of these people doing this and if it were the Blue Helmets of the UN?

Most Americans would have no problem killing the Blue helmeted foreign SS scum.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't know about that. I can easily envision, in a state of national emergency (bomb, mass water/food contamination, another multi-state flood, whatever) a Democrat POTUS going on national television, announcing that UN forces would be "assisting us in this time of trouble" and that we should "welcome them like brothers." And the vast majority of the American public would do just that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The difference is, we have a better chance of finding out identities and getting justice with American LEO's than we do with UN Troops from who knows where.

well, Blue Helmets are not your neighbours or even fellow Americans for the most part so shoting them is easier, hell, the helmets make nice targets.

Yes, the only reason CHP's aren't going home in body bags is because for the most part, the HOMEOWNERS are peaceable citizens.

Let me suggest they go to the various "Projects" and go door to door there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not much, it appears.

Sadly.

Those NOPD and LAPD asshats might as well be from Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe...for all I can see.

Eric The(UeberCivilian)Hun

You're right...stealing guns, stealing land...same thing...

It is the same thing, morally, but the real similarity is in the fact that Mugabe preceded the the land grab by "veterans" of the revolution with - guess what! Cops/soldiers doing door-to-door confiscation of firearms from white landowners.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#19]
You can see blue better at a distance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#20]
My grip is some members here find it ok to let this go on, stating it as their job.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#21]
With foreign troops, abuses of American rights and civil liberties would be expected.  With our LEOs it's treasonous.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#22]
The difference is that the foreign troops would probably know more about the Constitution and definitely respect it more than the average cop here on the street.z
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#23]
The UN troops don't speak English
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top