Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 5:11:14 PM EDT
So this weekend myself and another member here put in a good 6 hour shooting session.  complete with 18 1/2 lb viles tannerite.  If you've never used that stuff you don't know what your missing.  Airbursting it is pretty cool.  But the best moment of the weekend was definetly taping six of them togther for a great grand finale.  Sorry no pictures, next time we will bring a camera.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
btt, anyone got any good tannerite stories, this stuff is the undiscovered shooting supply.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
... Tannerite stories? Why yes!

... We blew this five-gallon bucket a few weeks ago up north. Left a good sized crater in the mud.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:26:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you mix up individual 1/2 lb viles to make that gallon bucket or is there some way to order drums full of it.  If there is i'm definetly gonna get some.  by the way that's some pretty nice hardware you guys had, were those HE shells or just inert training rounds?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]
What? You lead us up to the peak of the cannon about to fire, but dont post pics?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I have Tannerite but I don't have a cannon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:31:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you mix up individual 1/2 lb viles to make that gallon bucket ...

... Look again, that is a five-gallon bucket. And no, everyone pitched in a few bottles or so, kinda like you would tithing yesterday

ETA, another pic

... Here's some footage of the 90MM cannon firing that day

www.azski.com/4images/data/media/3/Brian_90mm.wmv

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the clarification, i meant to put 5 gallon bucket, sorry typo
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#9]
hate to say this, she may be your daughter,

but that girl in the last pic is really cute.

the uzi helps too
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]
double tap sorry
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
hate to say this, she may be your daughter,

but that girl in the last pic is really cute.

the uzi helps too

Thats his son you sicko
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Look again, that is a five-gallon bucket. And no, everyone pitched in a few bottles or so, kinda like you would tithing yesterday

ETA, another pic

www.azski.com/4images/data/media/7/35_lbs_Tannerite_0001.jpg

fan-fucking-tastic
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Those kind of pictures make me proud to be an American!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So this weekend myself and another member here put in a good 6 hour shooting session.  complete with 18 1/2 lb viles tannerite.  If you've never used that stuff you don't know what your missing.  Airbursting it is pretty cool.  But the best moment of the weekend was definetly taping six of them togther for a great grand finale.  Sorry no pictures, next time we will bring a camera.

Don't ever place a 1/2lb bottle of Tannerite inside an ammo can inside a 30 gal oil drum and then shoot at it from a distance of 40 meters     1 small peice of shrapnel in right leg and one large peice flying over our heads  not much else left.  Have pics of damage will dig them up later..

from this  

to this

with one lucky shot...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA, another pic

whose cannon is that? i didn't know civilians could buy those (a DD i assume)....how much does ammo cost for such a thing? better yet, how much did the cannon cost?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA, another pic

Just some guys enjoying their towed artillery :P Whats the cost per round on one of those? :P
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Winston_Wolf,

Is that a Yugo SKS?  Where did he get the grenade?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

whose cannon is that? Damage, Inc.  i didn't know civilians could buy those (a DD i assume) Yes, and yes ....how much does ammo cost for such a thing? ~$70 per better yet, how much did the cannon cost? ~$65K

... Like that footage?

... Enough to download almost 5 minutes (78MB) worth?

... This is a pretty cool clip of nothing but NFA & DD taken that day by Turkish and compiled by azski. At night we did tracers.

www.public.asu.edu/~jbovenzi/images/CoolShoot/CoolShoot.avi
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I know that Tannerite is supposed to be exempt from BATF regulation, but I can't find anything regarding this at the BATF web sight.  

Can anyone give me the CFR that spells this out?  

I would like to have that available in case I get any flack for popping some off when I go out with my buddies.

Thanks,

5Shot
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Always room for improvement.  Guess next is a 30 gallon drum and then a 55 gal drum of tannerite?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Always room for improvement.  Guess next is a 30 gallon drum and then a 55 gal drum of tannerite?  

... Actually, it's rumored that Dan Tanner himself llt up a 55 gallon drum somewhere near his business

... The reports of the purported incident vary - each of which seems funnier than the version heard previously  

... mjrowley, care to chime in on your account of the legend?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#22]
This hobby just got a whole lot more expensive, i thought it was cool with just a couple pounds of it,  I can't imagine a 55 Gallon drum.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top