Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 4:08:10 PM EDT
I've got 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, 5 handguns, lots of ammo and accessories.  I think I'm finally at the point where I need to invest in a safe.  I don't plan on owning many more long guns (no, seriously) except maybe 1 or 2 if any.  I'd like to it have storage shelves for hand guns, ammo, and accessories.  Below is a picture of MOST of my stuff (not including the long guns.  I don't have much space either.  It would have to fit inside my closet and I don't want anything too tall or too long.  I don't need something that's ULTRA HIGH SECURITY, since I live in a high rise condo with very good security.  Mostly it should protect from nosey people, kids, or at worst, a petty burglar with little time.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one at Sport's Authority back in February for my birthday.  It was 500lbs., 1200degrees fireproof for half hour and is fairly big.  Four locking bolts and dial combination lock. I'm pleased for $600.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Academy and Walmart have safes also. You might want to check them out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a 14 gun Sentry safe from Home Depot for $369.00. It has a standard combo lock and  five live locking bolts and three dead bolts that go into the frame. It weighs about 300+ lbs empty and has holes in the bottom for running bolts through to the floor and holes in the back for running power cords for light and/or dehumidifiers.

They also make 10 gun safes and fire resistant safes:

www.sentrysafe.com/Series.asp?f=3&r=21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top