Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 3:10:18 PM EDT
My son's new bicycle got stolen about two weeks from my ex-inlaw's yard in broad daylight. We were sitting out on their front porch today and a couple of kids went by on bikes and one looked exactly like it. I hoped in my truck and did a drive by inspection and it was his bike due to an obvious cosmetic modification we had made on it when he first got it. I went back to the inlaws and told them that was it and the FIL, my son, and I went, pulled up beside them, asked where they got the bike and then reclaimed it after seeing my son's initials engraved in the two spots we had done previously. The kid that had it said he picked it up out of his brother's yard and told us who that was (small town - well known drug house). He seemed innocent enough but his eyes did get big as golf balls when my FIL flashed his retired LEO ID at him with the badge on it We called the police department when we got back, told them we had the bike and where it was found. They just said thanks and good job. So now he has two new bikes because we had already replaced it, one for each house
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Ain't it sweet to do somethin' righteous for your kid?
Well done!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the happy ending!!

I hate to see that stuff happen-seems like it's getting commonplace.

Regards,Michael
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
u didnt draw down and taser him?.... WTF is wrong with you!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
u didnt draw down and taser him?.... WTF is wrong with you!

Silly Ring.....there was no carwash.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Model:  New York Fahgettaboudit - 3'3"

Our ultimate bicycle security for urban areas and other high theft danger areas.

# $3,500 (USD) Anti-Theft Protection Offer - Bicycle (USA & Canada)
# $1,000 (USD) Anti-Theft Protection Offer - Powersport Vehicle (USA & Canada)
# Anti-Theft Protection Offer also available in UK & Germany
# Passed following tests: Sold Secure Gold

Chain Features:
# 11mm six-sided, hexagonal chain links made of triple heat-treated boron manganese steel for ultimate strength
# Narrower inner width of individual links defends against leverage attacks
# Durable, protective nylon cover

Lock Features:
# 1/2" (13mm) hardened KryptoniumTM steel shackle resists bolt cutters and leverage attacks
# High security disc style cylinder
# Hardened steel sleeve over crossbar for double security
# Double deadbolt locking for extensive holding power
# 3 keys - one lighted for nighttime use
# Sliding dustcover protects cylinder

# Lifetime Key Registration
# Replacement keys available
# Limited Lifetime Warranty

3'3" (100cm) length
Weight 8.4 lbs. (3.8 kg)
Item #730132

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
taser  taser  taser  taser  taser!

myit
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The kid that had it said he picked it up out of his brother's yard and told us who that was (small town - well known drug house).

You guys should've called the local news crew, they love stories like that and they would like to take footage of the local drug den for the ratings.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for you. Had a bike stolen right in front of me when i was a kid, couldn't catch the fucker as they where riding off on it
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Would love to see a pic of that kid's face!

HH
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Did it smell like Heineken?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Would love to see a pic of that kid's face!

HH

That would be quite the OWNED pic.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top