Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 2:48:02 PM EDT
In 1998 on Fort Hood a truck full of gear was stolen from a mech infantry battalion in the 4th infantry division.  This truck contained a whole companys worth of infantry weapons many M16s a few M249 SAWs and two M24Os and a lot of m203s also contained on the truck was all of the companies field gear.   Within a month 5 men in BDUs hijacked a truck from 1 CAV soldiers.  the truck was full of grenades and claymores.  I remember the 2 incident well because I was on the practice grenade range next to the grenade range where the truck was hijacked from.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it ever found?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
During the LA riots in 1992, there was a whole warehouse FULL of stuff heading for Malaysia, right in the middle of all of it, and it never got touched. The only thing securing the place was a padlock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
whats so weird about this? Im sure there is planty of people that would try to steal those weapons
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Was it ever found?

Nope It could still be in texas somewhere or mabye the CIA stole it to finance some group who knows.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Those weapons have been procured by the Texas Citizen's Militia. You think illegals only die from dehydration, hah, they die from lead poisoning too!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Not weird since I heard of military gear being stolen before. Later
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Where does all that stolen gear end up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't believe it doesnt happen a lot more
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Those weapons have been procured by the Texas Citizen's Militia. You think illegals only die from dehydration, hah, they die from lead poisoning too!

I see this piece of crap is still around. Nice human being you turned out to be!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can't believe it doesnt happen a lot more

And the CID runs a lot of stings just ot  to catch the theft rings that pop up on bases from time to time.  Knew a guy a while back who was CID with the AF and he was undercover doing drug investigations on base . . . airmen selling cocaine.  He drove a different car every week and they were all pretty nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top