Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 10:52:06 AM EDT
I started a website and have found that I now have to assemble content for it.  What sucks is that I dont really care for writing and I'm no good at it.  So I took a crack at writing a review on a Maxpedition Pack that I picked up.  The website is www.selfsufficientliving.com and the review is copied below.

For the past couple years I have seen the Maxpedition gear in various firearm periodicals. The Fatboy Versipack always peaked my interest because it looked fairly compact and had lots of pouches and compartments for keeping everything organized. So when a favorite gun store started carrying the Maxpedition line of gear I snatched up a Fatboy.

Like all the other Maxpedition gear that I handled that day the Fatboy was extremely well constructed and felt solid. All the stitching was straight and I couldn't find a single flaw on the entire bag. The zippers, fastex buckles, and Velcro are all high quality and give a feeling of security. The pack is constructed of a thick nylon that will hold up to every day use. You don't have to worry about brushing up against a concrete wall, tossing it in the back of you car or kicking it under you desk. This pack will take it. Maxpedition makes a solid product and it appears like they take pride in their craftsmanship.

Another plus in my book is that the Fatboy has lots of compartments that will keep everything organized. I cant count how many times my wife will dig through her purse looking for something as I shake my head. Everything is just piled in a huge heap. Thats not the case with the Fatboy. Not that I'm comparing the Fatboy to a purse though some of the Operators that use the Fatboy affectionately call it the "Man Purse". Anyway, the Fatboy will keep you organized with compartments for just about everything you need in your daily life, PDA, Cell Phone, Multi Tool, OC/Pepper Spray, Extra Magazines, First Aid Kit, Flashlight, Extra Batteries, and so on. All of which I keep in my Fatboy. To top all that off you can add Maxpeditions modular packs, sheaths, holsters, etc to customize the pack to your daily life. I keep a RollyPolly and Radio Holster on mine for those trips to the mall or zoo when you never have enough room to carry all the kids bottles and so on. The Medium Radio Holster fits a FRS radio perfectly and keeps you in touch with the rest of the family without burning cell phone minutes.

The pack is comfortable to carry even fully loaded thanks to the wide shoulder pad. The back of the pack that sits next to the hip has mesh so it doesn't get you hot and sweaty. Over the past few weeks of carrying the Fatboy I've found it to be both convenient and comfortable. Its big enough to carry the necessities but small enough to be out of the way during daily activities.

This pack is perfect for the individual who just doesn't have enough pockets in their jeans. You'll be able to carry things that you've always thought about but just didn't have the room. You never know when trouble may strike, having the tools to react is the key to success.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top