Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 8:33:16 PM EDT
Im 19 and I want to join the military. I cant decide whether to go army and then go for Ranger training or just go marines. In which branch would I see the most action? I want to get stationed in one of those hostile areas. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
                             Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im 19 and I want to join the military. I cant decide whether to go army and then go for Ranger training or just go marines. In which branch would I see the most action? I want to get stationed in one of those hostile areas. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote
With that kind of attitude I think the Salvation Army should be your best choice.

You ever read Murphy's Laws of Combat? "Don't draw attention to yourself, the incoming fire will annoy those around you?"
For some reason it popped into my head when I read your post.
Just be careful for what you wish for!
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
[i]Riiiight[/i]

In the mean time this will
keep you busy until you have enough replies to
satisfy yourself.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=34767[/url]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
well I have relatives that are navy seals army rangers special forcces and one who was marine force recon until he was shot.

my suggestion if you want real action, join the army rangers and special forces.... yes you can do that.

if you consider a 12 man a team behind enemy lines, even before things turn to bullshit high conflict than my choice would be special forces.
plus you get a little more cross trainning that the army rangers, but I personally love them both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top