Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 8:31:38 PM EDT
My wife went to local Walmart tonight to pickup some tooth paste, tooth brush, shampoo, etc.  

About 30 minutes later she called me from Walmart sporting goods department to let me know that they have Remington 1100 shotguns on clearance sale for $328.  She said it was the matte black finish with synthetic stocks like my Reming 870 at home (I knew exactly what they looked like because I saw it at the same store few weeks back).  She wanted to know if I wanted one because she was going to buy it if I did.  She said they only had one "in the box" and the display model but the display model looked to have been dropped and that there were some light rust spots on the receiver and the barrel.  Well, I thought about it for about 1 seconds and said HELL YEAH.  She called back about 5 minutes later and said she could not buy it tonight because they could not do the background check (it was after 9:00PM) but they did put the one in the box on hold for me until tomorrow.  She came home and gave me the serial number of the one on hold AND 200 rounds of Winchester low-brass shells, a cordura gun case for the shotgun and a can of Rem Oil.    

I asked her why she was being so generous and she said I deserved it for being such a good husband... and that she knew they were selling this same shotgun for $429 previously so $328 was a too good a deal to pass.

God, I love my wife.  

Here is a picture of these shotgun
[IMG]http://www.remington.com/images/whatsnew/wallpaper/1100_640.jpg [/IMG]        
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, you got a picture of your wife?  You know... so the rest of us will know what to look for.

[bounce]

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a set up to me!!!!!

Maybe you should keep track of what she's doing when you aren't around!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It's true. I got the same deal. Good for you & your wife.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
with all do respect............i hate you
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
You Lucky Bastard.  You should be very very nice to her for at least a couple of decades.  My ex-girlfriend, despite her many excellent qualities, wouldn't have known a model 1100 from a Marlin 1895.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Well guess what I did this morning[:D]  At 9:00AM I was at the Walmart to pickup my shotgun.  I got it home and gave it a good cleaning, then off to the trap field.  I shot 3 sets with it (22, 21 and 24) and scored my typical score but hope to get better as I get used to the gun.  Actually this is my first auto loading shotgun (I have several pumps and a SxS) and was surprised at the light recoil.  

During our 7 year marriage (plus 3 years of dating) she has been very supportive of my shooting hobby.  She never even touched a real gun until we were dating but she has learned to shoot and enjoy going out to the range. She used to be my biggest fan and supporter when I used to shoot competitively. Also, this is not the first gun she purchased for me.  First gun she got for me was a 4" Colt Diamondback which she thought would make a nice pair with a Python I had.  That was followed by a Colt Detective Special to make it a trio.  There are several other guns she encuraged me to get including the LEGP rifle.  For my last birthday she got me 3 Wilson mags for my compact 1911 and 5 for the full size 1911.  Since these are my carry guns she said she wanted to make sure I had the best equipment.  

According to my wife, she is very supportive of my shooting hobby because it keeps me at home on evenings and keep me out of trouble.  Several of our newly made friends were due to this sport.  She also like the comfort of knowing we can take care of ourselves if necessary.  

Sorry for bragging but my wife really is great.  I've been blessed.

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#10]
What was the barrel length they are selling? You really are a lucky guy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What was the barrel length they are selling?
View Quote

They only have 28" barrel with Rem Choke.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Could you send me something of your wifes? If she caught some kind of "nice wife flu" or something maybe it's contagious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top