Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 3:54:35 AM EDT
The s**T is getting ready to hit the fan.  

I would like to know when it gets better.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Before the ink was dry
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My ex left me Aug 14th last year. She took everything that wasn't nailed down, including the frig, & other large appliances.

I divorced her March 30th of this year. Everyting in my house has been replaced with new paid in full items, I have sole custody of my son, & home. I have paid off all the bills she stuck me with, & all but $500 of my lawyers fees are paid off.

I have more money now than I ever did when she was with me, & life is a fun & happy thing again.

I had court with her last Thursday for a restraining order against her for my son, & I found out she married the guy she left me for. Oh happy day!

For me it's been 13 months since she left & I'm doing ok now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Live very frugal and you should be on your feet in no more than18 months.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]
finacially, took me about a year..
emotionally,,,still working on it, issues of trust, desire to deal with someone elses BS, drama, nonsence etc, still not there,,,at year 3
went through a period of about 1.5 years couldnt stand to be touched by anyone, hand shakes, nothing,,,,was weird, over that now

upside
money in the bank
go where, when, with whoever i want
a rebuilt gun collection than grows when i find what i want.
no bills no debts, all i own is mine
my house is clean and organized,
my stuff is where i left it when i need it
lost 60lbs
reasonably content with life and direction it is heading
learned that i am ok with who i am and.....
DRAMA FREE
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have more money now than I ever did when she was with me, & life is a fun & happy thing again.

What he said.

I never realized how miserable my life had become and I was always broke. In the last 1 3/4 years, I've bought a LOT of guns I otherwise wouldn't have, my credit is nearly back to pre-marrage levels, and I have money to do whatever I want.

Emtionally, I sometimes still have issues, but you're going to, from time to time. I am in a better overall mood than I was when I was married and I'm a hell of a lot more fun to be around now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
What "saddle" are you talking about?
I have been devorced for 10 years, never remarried.
I was so disgusted with women ( as a partner) I just go and "rent" a wife when needed.
Same one for 5 years or so now.

This is one option for ya
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#8]
As soon as that B*tch put her car in reverse to back out my driveway and leave
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The s**T is getting ready to hit the fan.  

I would like to know when it gets better.

Ditto

My wife just took off two weeks ago. I'm still jacked up about our situation and attempting to save our marriage of ten years.

Divorce seems eminate for us. I'm glad we never had kids.

This is the toughest thing I've ever dealt with, so in the words of WJC "I feel your pain"
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I divorced her March 30th of this year. Everyting in my house has been replaced with new paid in full items, I have sole custody of my son, & home. I have paid off all the bills she stuck me with, & all but $500 of my lawyers fees are paid off. I have more money now than I ever did when she was with me, & life is a fun & happy thing again.

Hey, there's a ton of hot eligible babes in TX! Find a hot one that can cook and wants to have a kid or two.
As far as how soon to get back in the game, I go with Jacketch "before the ink is dry".
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump for the Night crew.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What "saddle" are you talking about?
I have been devorced for 10 years, never remarried.
I was so disgusted with women ( as a partner) I just go and "rent" a wife when needed.
Same one for 5 years or so now.

This is one option for ya

is her name Bob?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Been there done that, twice.

First time was tough as my 2 sons were involved. She threw me out and took everything. I was 2 years out of the service and still trying to get established financially, bought a house, had no car payments, etc. Even though I wasn't in debt (except for the house) it still took 18 months to 2 years to recover financially. That was 15 years ago, my youngest finally paid off (child support) in May. So I'd say 15 years to get totally clear of that situation.

Second time I was stupid, should have never married again. But I did, and in just a few years I found myself with $40K in credit card debt with her also driving a new car. I struggled with it for 2 years just barely getting by until I'd had enough. Moved out and lived in a camper for a year. This one was tougher financially but the emotional part was over long before the divorce. In 2 years I was back to living comfortably, even though I'm still (6 years later) paying on the last of the debts. Thank god there were no kids between us.

Almost 5 years ago, I met a great woman who's been thru the same things. We'll never get married, but will probably be together from now on. Life is better now than it's ever been.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top