Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 11:05:45 PM EDT
I ask becuase I have not followed politics that much. But it seems that the dems and republicans are always in such a heated arguement about Bush.  Is it always like this? or is Bush's presidentcy very contraversial? Was it like this when Clinton was president?

I looked up and saw that Clintons approval rating at th eend if his term was about 65%. Bush is at 40% now and keeps going down. What can happen for him to bring this up?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Two words: LIBERAL  MEDIA
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have a hard time believeing that. With all the Bush supporters in the U.S., I doubt the liberals control the media
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I ask becuase I have not followed politics that much. But it seems that the dems and republicans are always in such a heated arguement about Bush.  Is it always like this? or is Bush's presidentcy very contraversial? Was it like this when Clinton was president?

I looked up and saw that Clintons approval rating at th eend if his term was about 65%. Bush is at 40% now and keeps going down. What can happen for him to bring this up?

Well actually it has been like this from about 1968. Everybody forgets how nasty the Democrats got during the Nixon and Reagan years. And it was plenty nasty during the 1990s.

But when you look back at American history things are actually pretty mild as compared to the early 1800s.

It is not unusual at all for second term Presidents to take a beating at the polls during the first year of a second term. Given the war and gas prices the Presidents drop ain’t surprising. Most of Bush’s problem right now is gas prices… if they go down his ratings will go up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a hard time believeing that. With all the Bush supporters in the U.S., I doubt the liberals control the media

CBS  60 Minutes II.  Dan Rather.  Get the picture?

Two books you need to read.  Bias .  Arrorgance.  Both by Bernie Goldberg.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well actually it has been like this from about 1968. Everybody forgets how nasty the Democrats got during the Nixon and Reagan years. And it was plenty nasty during the 1990s.

But when you look back at American history things are actually pretty mild as compared to the early 1800s.

It is not unusual at all for second term Presidents to take a beating at the polls during the first year of a second term. Given the war and gas prices the Presidents drop ain’t surprising. Most of Bush’s problem right now is gas prices… if they go down his ratings will go up.

Yep makes sense. Doesnt make much sesnse to me though. Were all on the same side, it seems the dems and republicans want each other to fail.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They do... no doubt the main stream media has very very strong liberal bias.

Look at the number of conservatives on the editorial pages of the NYT, Washington Post, or LA Times and most other papers 4,5,6,8 liberals to every single conservative. Just look at the NYTs their so called news stories are now little more than veiled opinion pieces.

80%+ of TV news reporters and producers ADMIT to being and voting Democratic… there is no way in hell that cannot cause a bias.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a few powerful people dominate the media with no other intention than to promote a political agenda (obviously).  For the most part liberals are tragically impressionable, and the media can exploit that in their favor.  

This is why you see such emotion in the way things are portrayed these days... like with that suicidal attic lady.  She wasn't endangering her children, she was "victimized" by the hurricane (you know, the one she didn't pay any mind to?).  

Conservatives, on the other hand, are for the most part steadfast in their beliefs.  They're overall pretty stable people.  They don't protest stupid shit to get a rise out of people.  They don't build tent cities, go for days without showering and shaving, or sleep around with random hippies like themselves because they don't agree with how the country is being run.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Ratings go up and ratings down, but when looking at these latest "new all time low "poll numbers take a little gander at the internal #'s as well and you will see that MOST if not all of the MSM's polls Heavily over sample both Democraps and Independents and greatly under sample Republicans.

They like to call this "sample corrections for better accuracy"

GWB current rating is around 51

And his so called "New All Time Low Ratings" have nothing at all to do with the fact that confirmation hearings are coming up..nay nothing at all

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#9]
You have not noticed that the new york times publishes "conspiracy theories" about repubs\conservatives?
How much coverage have you seen in the nytimes about the airamericaradio.com theft of $800,000?
(contrast that with the HUGE amount of free publicity they gave when the station opened)

And, they are supposed to be one of the "best" papers in the country, most media has an obvious liberal bias

The independent reporting on the web by the blogs has exposed them for the leftist liberals that they are

eta: take a look at www.rathergate.com
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Or it could be hes just pissed everyone off and has been at best a mediocre president.
Hes pissed off the left by not being touchy feely enough (Typical war driven captialist) and hes pissed off the right by being too touchy feely (Amnesty for illegals, soft on closing the border).

Could be. Who knows.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone here ever participated in a poll that determined "approval" ratings?   Or any supposedly national poll for that matter?

What kind of moron hasn't signed up for the no-call list, and would even talk on the phone to someone claiming to be a pollster?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's all BS.  Those polls are very inaccurate because they use very small samples, the criteria to get on the sample  changes from poll to poll, and not all people from the same groups will respond. The only poll that counts is on election day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, the liberals do control the mainstream media. However, they are no where near successful in controlling the internet and conservative radio shows (yet anyway). But the mainstream print and visual media- yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top