Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 8:35:20 PM EDT
    I'm in the guard and was "working" an event at a local county fair. I took the liberty to take a

stroll down the midway. A man struck up conversation with me about a local soldier that had given

his life in Iraq recently. Then the tone in his voice then changed and he asked me if I knew that

there had been over 1,000 lost in the war. When I corrected him on the number and he jumped up

out of his chair and asked me how old I was. I replied 32. He then stated we can't win a war with

the intire muslim religion. That was the point when I should've kept my mouth shut but, I said,

"Well I guess we can thin 'em out a bit."

He then got really irate and started yelling about the Jews persicuting the Palisinians bla. bla.

bla.. He then got confrentational. I asked him what he wanted me to do about it. I guess that

really pissed him off cause I was kinda laughinhen
walked off. [I wanted to bust him in his mouth but, I was in uniform.] As I walked away I noticed

the crowd that had begin to gather. I could still hear him ranting as the young private that was with

me and I busted out laughing.

Just thought I'd share that little story. It's a slow night.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Way to keep it clean, they hate that
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You are a good man.  

I'm sure you gave him the comeuppance he deserved.

Hats off to you.

Thank you for serving your country.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He then stated we can't win a war with

the intire muslim religion. That was the point when I should've kept my mouth shut but, I said,

"Well I guess we can thin 'em out a bit."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top