Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Here is the video.
www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photography/2005/katrina_video/straydogs.html

Any Video playable on WinMedia Player?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno who is the worst, the looters or the jbt.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dunno who is the worst, the looters or the jbt.

You can legally shoot the designated looters
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
A sad situation all and all.
But the LEO has a point, starvation or a quick end.
Difficult and emotional indeed...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bullshit he is a triger happy POS.  I hate JBTs
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thousands of dogs, with no food.  Soon, they're going to start looking for food, people, corpses, whatever.  Sorry that you don't like it, but it's reality.  When Fido hasn't eaten for a week, he's going to be looking.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no problems shooting stray dogs, but this is bizarre......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
That one cop smiled when asked if it must be tough shooting dogs.His lack of an answer coupled with a smile led me to think he enjoyed himself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a shame.  I am no animal rights person but  that is no reason to kill the dogs.  Try and help them also.  If it comes to it then put them down but not just because they are running free.  Just a bunch of sick ass people enjoying killing dogs for no reason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have no problems shooting stray dogs, but this is bizarre......

They are no more a  stray than the people who lived in the area. Give them some food geez.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The link is a dead end for me. Could someone check it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, it would depend how bad its getting. In Iraq the dogs are really wild and feed on corpses and spread disease.  I dont know what kind of condition these dogs are in but most are probably ok.  Hard situation.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What a f'ing asshat.
I hope that guy catches West Nile.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#14]
That which keeps dogs friendly is the same thing that keeps your neighbor friendly. Food, water, shelter.
Lose those, and that dog is as good as your neighbor. An animal looking to survive.

That said, I would think theres better ways to deal with stray dogs then just plugging them......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The link is a dead end for me. Could someone check it?

link still works here, but I can't right click/save as - it's embedded in th epage.

(?)

Can't find it in cache, either. Hmm...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]
It's all starting to make sense. They intend to place a giant fumigation tent over the city, and they don't want anything left inside (i.e. people with guns, K9's) that could possibly puncture the tent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess the question remains, even if all the dogs were gathered humanely, what would happen to them? There are no people to adopt them or are there resources to take care of them.  They would have been destroyed anyway.  But just in a different way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I think everyone hates JBTs,
that goes without saying really...
But a pack of hungry, unmanaged Dogs
can and will do some serious damage.

myit
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Welllll, with the shitty video work you really have no idea if they are shooting dogs or what.

No video of dogs actually being shot, no video of shot dead dog bodies, so who knows.

As far as shooting dogs in the streets, well, it's just another fucking failure of the mayor of New Orleans and the goobernor of looserana.

It's just all fucked up all around.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think everyone hates JBTs,
that goes without saying really...
But a pack of hungry, unmanaged Dogs
can and will do some serious damage.

myit

Did you actually watch the video ??

The soldiers in the first part of the clip said we give
them food and water and try to keep them alive until
the rescue groups come pick them up .

Then the JBT even said they come running up to you
like your the owner . The sick fuck

It's bad enough that people were forced to leave their
pets behind ( That's Right .. FORCED ) Now you have
some sadistic douchbag in a jeep driving around shooting
peoples pets for fun ... Did you hear him , when asked
how many he killed and he repiles with a smile ... Enough  

Your first response was bad enough :

Quoted:

Scary indeed  

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Pfizer ahas donated MILLIONS of doallars in Vet medicine for NE dogs/cats.

And the Humane Society is doing all it can to get the dogs back to their owners.

This is BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Welllll, with the shitty video work you really have no idea if they are shooting dogs or what.

No video of dogs actually being shot, no video of shot dead dog bodies, so who knows.

As far as shooting dogs in the streets, well, it's just another fucking failure of the mayor of New Orleans and the goobernor of looserana.

It's just all fucked up all around.

Watch it again , the dog is 5 feet behind the red Jeep
at the edge of the road , you can see it still moving .

Then the reporter gets back in his car and says :
They killed that dog .... This place has gone crazy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#23]

I prefer them to save the dogs over any of the savages that caused all of the violence and problems down there.

Hell give the dogs some MRE's........they're just animals, not savages
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#24]
It's like the ARFCOM paranoia has finally come to fruition.

1) Cops shooting dogs and seeming to enjoy it.

2) Cops confiscating privately owned weapons for the good of society,leaving law abiding citizens unarmed and easy prey.

I think monkeys are flying out of my butt.
The end is near,and
I am getting pissed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I prefer them to save the dogs over any of the savages that caused all of the violence and problems down there.

No shit.  Those poor animals never had a chance

I feel more sorry for those dogs than for many of those parasite "human beings" down there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel more sorry for those dogs than for many of those parasite "human beings" down there.

Watch it...............
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I see the need, but it's sad..  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

yup...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

What Need ?

There are several well funded groups in the area now
picking up ALL animals .  Granted some will die before
they get to them , but the pets being killed in the video
are still healthy enough to be running around .

I could understand it if the animal is too weak or
too far gone to move and it's suffering , but this
isn't the case here
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch it...............

Not all, just a good number of them.  Relax bro.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

2) Cops confiscating privately owned weapons for the good of society,leaving law abiding citizens unarmed and easy prey.

Glad I have some company in thinking our country is really at risk.

You really ought to see somebody about that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What Need ?

isn't the case here

I have donated over $100 to those groups doing the rescue.  

What's the real scope of their operations?  How many dogs have gone feral already?   How many are sick and dieing anyway?  How many will end up be euthanized after being rescued?

Trust me, I'd love to see them ALL rescued.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#33]
That is some real fucked up shit to see .This is not the country anymore I thought it was. And I mean everything that happened down there, not just this
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#34]
That whole town is being cleared out to the bone. Everything and everyone will be moved out, the town will be fumigated and the developers will move in.

The French Quarter will be preserved, along with the nice mansions, the cheap houses will get bought out for $5 on the dollar, and an entire city of condos will sprout above a two-level parking garage base in their place.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What Need ?

isn't the case here

Thats total bullshit, they don't NEED to be shooting peoples displaced pets, because they SAY they FEEL that the animals are suffering. More like trigger happy. It has not been long enough for the dogs to be starving. I too, can understand if the dogs were truely starving and weak. But it has not gotten that far and it won't, because of the animal rescue groups.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The end is near,and
I am getting pissed.

Best post of the year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I thin we are forgetting the reason these animals are still there... BECAUSE PEOPLE WHERE FORCED TO LEAVE THEM.

You force people to leave there pets, and then you execute them? Dumbasses
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's the direct link. not sure if it's still active:

www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photography/2005/katrina_video/stray_dogs_2.mov

ETA: It's still active.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Man fuck that shit.

Surely there is more important shit to be doing.

How about finding people who are still alive or go get some fucking food for the people who need it you jackoffs. Or MAYBE secure some property instead of taking it for a change.

If you come across an injured animal that just ain't gonna make it for whatever reason THEN you can end its suffering. But if it is still running around it is capable of eating garbage or whatever and POSSIBLY surviving.

If a person who lost fucking everything somehow managed to get their dog back later (and if the dog is tagged, chips or tattooed and still shot it should be criminal) it could make a LOT of difference to them.

Imagine if you just lost fucking EVERYTHING and a week later your dog, which you thought was dead, found it's way home. Now imagine you found out it WAS ok but some asshole shot it.

Hey a lot of those people look pretty iffy and might not make it, lets just shoot them. And that house looks fucked, lets just burn it down. And those cops seem like they've lost all concept of PRIORITY and PRIVATE PROPERTY so maybe we can just shoot them too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The end is near,and
I am getting pissed.

The zombie outbreak can't be too far behind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Man fuck that shit.

How about finding people who are still alive or go get some fucking food for the people who need it you jackoffs. Or MAYBE secure some property instead of taking it for a change.

If you come across an injured animal that just ain't gonna make it for whatever reason THEN you can end its suffering. But if it is still running around it is capable of eating garbage or whatever and POSSIBLY surviving.

If a person who lost fucking everything somehow managed to get their dog back later (and if the dog is tagged, chips or tattooed and still shot it should be criminal) it could make a LOT of difference to them.

Imagine if you just lost fucking EVERYTHING and a week later your dog, which you thought was dead, found it's way home. Now imagine you found out it WAS ok but some asshole shot it.

Hey a lot of those people look pretty iffy and might not make it, lets just shoot them. And that house looks fucked, lets just burn it down. And those cops seem like they've lost all concept of PRIORITY and PRIVATE PROPERTY so maybe we can just shoot them too.

Bravo!

Well, except the last sentence.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I already had a post last week about the love feed from N.O.L.A. showing three dogs eating some dead person on a porch. The crew didn't figure it out until they zoomed in to see what the dogs were doing. The one dog went for another bite.
It was a pack mentallity. For all we know, that guy could have just been killed by those dogs.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
That one cop smiled when asked if it must be tough shooting dogs.His lack of an answer coupled with a smile led me to think he enjoyed himself.

agreed, these dogs were no rapid or attacking anyone, they were just looking for food, lost and confused. they don't need to be shot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Man fuck that shit.

AMEN! Well said!
I do not see the need at this point for the indiscriminate killing of these pets. They are after all domesticated and not feral animals. Yes, it may come to a point that they will become aggressive because of hunger. BUT UNTIL THAT SITUATION arises, there is still no need for such extreme action! Give the SPCA and other similar organizations the time and opportunity to deal with the problem first. Then only humanely kill the dogs as a last resort.

People who never had pets in their life (particularly dogs) will sadly never understand the "value" of these pets in times of crises.

Bravo for the Marines who chose to help the animals.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

the cheap houses will get bought out for $5 on the dollar,

They can come buy my house for that deal.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I watched it....AGAIN.
You can't see if anyone really shot the dog, just shitty "blair witch" video work and some douchebag reporter saying that they shot the dog.

Fucking pussies should have video taped it.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#47]
The fucking cop said he shot many dogs.

Quoted:
I watched it....AGAIN.
You can't see if anyone really shot the dog, just shitty "blair witch" video work and some douchebag reporter saying that they shot the dog.

Fucking pussies should have video taped it.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Stray dogs are a mobile disease carrier after a disaster. They're drinking contaminated water, they're eating rotting garbage. They p00p everywhere. You wouldn't want to get dysentery because some dog licked the hand you eat with.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man fuck that shit.

Bravo!

Well, except the last sentence.

I was just using JBT logic. That isn't how I actually think.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Man fuck that shit.

+1 on that.  On the local news this evening (in Beaumont, TX, only a few hours from New Orleans) they had a story about people going to New Orleans to rescue those poor starving dogs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top