Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 3:49:30 PM EDT
poll coming

will folks see NO confiscation as a complete failure of NRA efforts, or a good reason to join?

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the NRAs reaction.  If they take a hard line approach then they will look good in pro 2A people's eyes.  If they pussy foot around it could hurt them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
what fucking reaction?  

*sound of crickets*

that's my point
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
they'll get people it will be great scare fodder for the letters they send out
and man don't write um off yet  everything about Katrina is onnabe in court for years
BTW write your congress critter
here i made it easy for you
if you are too fucking  lazy to click a link and type up a 100 word letter  then there is NO HOPE FOR YOU!!

THE HOUSE

THE SENATE
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they'll get people it will be great scare fodder for the letters they send out
and man don't write um off yet  everything about Katrina is onnabe in court for years
BTW write your congress critter
here i made it easy for you
if you are too fucking  lazy to click a link and type up a 100 word letter  then there is NO HOPE FOR YOU!!

THE HOUSE

THE SENATE

OK how long would be fair to wait on their response?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I useally get a letter back in a week or so
It may not do alot  but it  is  1000x tiimes better than sitting here for hours bashing the NRA on the internet which does not solve  a thing
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It may not do alot  but it  is  1000x tiimes better than sitting here for hours bashing the NRA on the internet which does not solve  a thing

A Big +1

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends on what if they have a reaction to it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
what fucking reaction?  

*sound of crickets*

that's my point

Yep,  Due to this, I think it will hurt them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
This depends ENTIRELY how it's spun to the public.

There ARE 2 sides to this issue.

The bad guys running amok with arms vs the good guys defending themselves.

The Brady bunch is going to use the bad side, we're going to use the RIGHT side, but we're at war here and the first casualty of war is TRUTH, so beware.

The NRA if they're slick could run a long ways with this. It they're stupid, it's a loser for us.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what fucking reaction?  
*sound of crickets*
that's my point

I am going to ask my range owner about doing a GOA membership instead of the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
poll coming

will folks see NO confiscation as a complete failure of NRA efforts, or a good reason to join?

Some of you guys would destroy the NRA. Luckily they have people who know how to cool off and pick their fights.
This wil hve zero affect on the 100+ year old organization.
I know some out of state LEOS took some weapons and promptly returned them.
I'm sure some guys (like quite a few on this board) got theirs taken because they just couldn't wait to be seen with them or "brandished" for some other dumbass reason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Can we do A Drive to bolster GOA membership?  I have lost all confidence in the NRA, but I do not hunt or shoot clays so they never represented me anyway.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I joined yesterday.

It is not perfect but it is large.  The GOA speaks for me more than the NRA does but one has a much greater chance of being heard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Depends. Any word yet on whether or not duck hunting season has been cancelled in LA this year?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I joined yesterday.

It is not perfect but it is large.  The GOA speaks for me more than the NRA does but one has a much greater chance of being heard.

Hence a coordinated effort to bolster it.  A tacked link maybe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know about the NRA, though just tonight I upgraded my GOA membership to LIFE.

I have been an NRA life member for several years. I have not given them any more $$ since.

While the NRA is a fine organization, my beliefs about our right to keep & bear are not as moderate as theirs appear to be. The NRA’s response to the gun confiscations in New Orleans is rather milque-toast: “…rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation…” Rest assured my rosy-red backside!

Perhaps the NRA’s target audience is the general public and not those of us who have a strong belief  in the 2nd amendment. The NRA can do that, and they can also get their monetary support from that audience. It’s been a long time since I have been able to “rest assured” about the NRA.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what fucking reaction?  
*sound of crickets*
that's my point

I am going to ask my range owner about doing a GOA membership instead of the NRA.

That's a tough one... The NRA does provide insurance & stuff for range owners, and NRA membership may be a condition.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I am not giving them shit anymore.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what fucking reaction?  
*sound of crickets*
that's my point

That's a tough one... The NRA does provide insurance & stuff for range owners, and NRA membership may be a condition.

It is a condition I would like to change that.  I am personally averted to ever giving them money ever again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#22]
It will be in your next NRA magazine and they'll drum it up to "give us money so we make sure this won't happen again".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top