Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 3:13:10 PM EDT
Wondering how well you guys that have it like it...

I know that it is unlimited features and long distance for a small(er) monthly bill in most areas.

I really want it but I can't have high speed out here in the rural areas yet without paying a small fortune.  Anyways, I recently became a distributor for the service and was wanting some firsthand testimonials from some fellow arfcommers...

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I had it "free" for six months with digital cable & internet package. I cancelled long distance service on that line because they wanted $5/month minimum. It still costs $20/month and has no features like call waiting,caller id etc.

I'm going to cancel and get another cell phone on my program and have that number ported to the new cell phone.

If they really wanted to compete with the bells they could. But they choose to come in at 50 cents less per month than regular phone service.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard a lot of reliability (or lack of it) stories. I think in a couple of years they'll have it sorted out, but for now I'm sticking with cell phones exclusively.  FWIW, I work for one of the largest potential future VOIP providers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've heard a lot of reliability (or lack of it) stories. I think in a couple of years they'll have it sorted out, but for now I'm sticking with cell phones exclusively.  FWIW, I work for one of the largest potential future VOIP providers.

Do you mind me asking what company?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you mind me asking what company?  

AT&T (soon to be merged with SBC).
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#5]
my cable modem is great, digi phone goes off and on, really sucks
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I would not turst it to. I still like to use the phone when the power goes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top