Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 10:45:45 AM EDT
do you get to shoot the guns you make before they are delivered to FFL's/customers?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, they take them home for the weekend........

Bushmaster runs 20 rounds through each gun, as I recall.

I'm sure all manufacturers at least do a sample lot  shoot them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah, they take them home for the weekend........

Bushmaster runs 20 rounds through each gun, as I recall.

I'm sure all manufacturers at least do a sample lot  shoot them.

Okay thanks.

That thought was running through my head last night as I was trying to fall asleep.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, shooting the .50's before they ship is a real hoot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, shooting the .50's before they ship is a real hoot.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
do you get to shoot the guns you make before they are delivered to FFL's/customers?

The average schmoe in a factory doesn't. All guns are indeed proof test fired before shipping, some are actually sighted in, usually the better guns. Most of the time, a guy slap in some rds, points the gun in a test barrel & runs off a few rds to make sure the thing works. Nothing fancy or fun.

American Shooter has shown a factory or two in the past, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock puts two rounds through each production pistol and the shell casings are put in an envelope in the box the pistol is shipped in.  As fun as it may sound, it really wasn't that interesting.  The most fun I had was sighting in customer pistols that had come back to the armorers with a problem.  After I fixed the problem, I would have to go sight in the pistol and put 3-6 shots in a bullseye with no flyers at 12m.  Took a while sometimes, but my shooting improved dramatically very quickly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
And i get a job at one of these companies how??

James,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top