BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 10:23:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
indeed  Patty
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
One of my dad's friends owned an ex-military jeep back in the 60's and 70's.
He used to take it on closed land and property all the time to hunt and fish in the mountains in Southern California.
He had grown up there all of his life and he despised the land closures.

He stenciled this on the sides of his jeep:
USC 123-456-7890 MAR 24

After that he was able to get into most of the closed off areas with no problems, and if he was stopped no one ever said anything.

USC = United States Citizen
123-456-7890 = social security number
MAR 24 = Birth Date

I personally own an ex-army vehicle called an M35A2, better known as a deuce and a half.  It is 30 years old, has ten driven wheels and is still camouflaged in its original paint scheme.  All 3 axles are driven and it is one of the best all-wheel drive off road vehicles in existence.  It also has a large cargo bed, with a 5 ton load carrying capacity.  Perfect for getting large quantities of food and water into remote areas with difficult terrain.

I also realized that there would be many roadblocks manned by civilian law enforcement and by military personnel.   How would I get past them?  Would they think of me as a fruitcake?  Would they turn me back?  Would they think I was selling water for ten bucks a bottle?  Would they shoot me?

I dusted off my old camouflage uniform.  A bit tight around the middle, but acceptable.  This should get me through roadblocks.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Dupe http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=388063
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top