Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 5:50:41 AM EDT
My wife and I disagree.  I say, "maybe"...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]

great sig line.....................
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My wife and I disagree.  I say, "maybe"...

I'd have to say not. If he did you would see photos/footage of it for sure. That was the entire reason he was there to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not think so, but the pictures of him bailing out that boat with a plastic cup will live on forever.

Classic!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
His ego needs saving.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is what I found:

US actor Sean Penn bales water out of a boat with a plastic cup as he and members of his entourage make an attempt to rescue stranded people in New Orleans. Efforts by Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly Sunday, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak. Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch(AFP/Nicholas Kamm)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is what I found:

US actor Sean Penn bales water out of a boat with a plastic cup as he and members of his entourage make an attempt to rescue stranded people in New Orleans. Efforts by Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly Sunday, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak. Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch(AFP/Nicholas Kamm)

Translated; the morons did not put the plug in the drain hole!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here is what I found:

so between he and his 'entourage' they weren't smart enough to put the fucking drain plug in the boat...............why am i not surprised?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here is what I found:

and the punch line................

"With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]
They rescued at least one person, according to this reporter to accompanied Penn on his rescues.

Comment 39 posted by Matt Taibbi on September 7, 2005 01:38 AM:

I was on the boat with Sean Penn this weekend. That's me in the background of the above photo.

The article you wrote is completely mistaken. He did not bring a personal photographer. He came with me and his friend, a New Orleans writer named Douglas Brinkley, and the reason he came was because a friend of his had asked him to help him find a family member still stuck in her house. He did not consent to any photographs taken. The boat did spring a leak, but only at the end of the trip, after one of the people we pulled out of the water kicked the plug out by accident. The articles you probably based your reports on came from an Australian writer who was angry that Sean had declined an interview.

I don't understand why people like you insist on believing that kind of reporting. Probably because you want to believe it.

Sincerely,
M. Taibbi
Reporter
Rollling Stone Magazine

blogcritics.org/archives/2005/09/05/114155.php
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, you spoiled all of our fun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#11]
It's still funny.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Is that a bullet resistant vest he's wearing?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
His ego needs saving.

No, I think he's trying to save his career.

"It's no use Jim, he's dead." - Bones McCoy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
His ego needs saving.

No, I think he's trying to save his career. hinking.gif

"It's no use Jim, he's dead." - Bones McCoy

Notice the other guy in the boat trying not to laugh is ass off.let's hear it for bayou sean,man of the hour.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'd have to say not. If he did you would see photos/footage of it for sure. That was the entire reason he was there to begin with.

+1

This was not about humanitarianism, this was EGOTISM
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

This was not about humanitarianism, this was EGOTISM

+2

either that, or the media has nothing else better to do but catch celeberties draining water
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They rescued at least one person, according to this reporter to accompanied Penn on his rescues.

Comment 39 posted by Matt Taibbi on September 7, 2005 01:38 AM:

I was on the boat with Sean Penn this weekend. That's me in the background of the above photo.

The article you wrote is completely mistaken. He did not bring a personal photographer. He came with me and his friend, a New Orleans writer named Douglas Brinkley, and the reason he came was because a friend of his had asked him to help him find a family member still stuck in her house. He did not consent to any photographs taken. The boat did spring a leak, but only at the end of the trip, after one of the people we pulled out of the water kicked the plug out by accident. The articles you probably based your reports on came from an Australian writer who was angry that Sean had declined an interview.

I don't understand why people like you insist on believing that kind of reporting. Probably because you want to believe it.

Sincerely,
M. Taibbi
Reporter
Rollling Stone Magazine

blogcritics.org/archives/2005/09/05/114155.php

OK, this reporter is telling the truth and the other one is lying?  Rigghhhttt!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
kicked the plug out by accident

OK, this reporter is telling the truth and the other one is lying?  Rigghhhttt!!!

Yeah.... that happens all the time.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#19]
My theory is that he wanted to go down, get some footage, appear to be a hero, and then make a huge political statement and attempt to leap into a senate race.

What a whore.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#20]
He tried to rescue his career, but it couldn't be found....
So sad, couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm surprised he didn't ask Charlie Sheen or some other actors that have at least played Navy SEALs in a movie, to help him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top