Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 10:47:44 PM EDT
For my 20,000th post, I'd like to share a very special photo (for me, at any rate):

These are my two daughters watching the Space Shuttle launch last month. The were standing on the hood of the rental car in the parking lot of Sea World in Orlando. Boy, did they get a kick out of that!

20,000 posts. Someday I'll ask God just how much time I've spent here, then let Him know it was well worth it.

Thanks to the Avilas for running my online home. Love this place!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me guess:

That's where the Wandering Duck was last seen too.

I miss that critter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]

I doubt I'll live long enough for 20K........

GREAT pic..thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My pleasure!

Sorry, Giggle, but I have no idea WTF you're talking about!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Great picture, looks like you had a great time with the family.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It was a hoot.

My girls love watching "From the Earth to the Moon" (you should hear them singing "Sugar Sugar") and Apollo 13. They can recite the Apollo 11 launch description by rote, including "Ignition sequence start", "All engines running!", "Liftoff! We have liftoff at 32 minutes past the hour!", "Tower Clear!", and "Roger! Roll Program!"

I had the radio blasting the countdown and they went right along with it. Not bad for 4 (left) and 5 (right) years old!

I was a proud papa!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My pleasure!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=302946
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Standing on the hood, huh?

And people wonder why rental cars cost so much.....!

Would you want your kids to stand on the paintjob of your OWN car?

Great pic, but you didn't have to mention your act of vandalism on rented property.

CJ

Not a scratch was made, not that I cared anyway. I wasn't going to let a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity go by so Hertz could improve their margin by 5 cents.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My pleasure!

Ah!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My pleasure!

Thank you Part Two!

I miss the Quacker.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a hoot.

My girls love watching "From the Earth to the Moon" (you should hear them singing "Sugar Sugar") and Apollo 13. They can recite the Apollo 11 launch description by rote, including "Ignition sequence start", "All engines running!", "Liftoff! We have liftoff at 32 minutes past the hour!", "Tower Clear!", and "Roger! Roll Program!"

I had the radio blasting the countdown and they went right along with it. Not bad for 4 (left) and 5 (right) years old!

I was a proud papa!

Cool!

Sugar Sugar.....man, I'm getting old...I remember when that came out....my brother played it over and over and over.......till I broke his record player.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Cool!

Sugar Sugar.....man, I'm getting old...I remember when that came out....my brother played it over and over and over.......till I broke his record player.

I managed to download it. Never knew the Archies had had a hit!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool!

It was a huge hit.....it sure stuck in my mind....hearing it a few hundred times in the space of two weeks will do that I guess.

Thanks again for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a hoot.

My girls love watching "From the Earth to the Moon"
I was a proud papa!

You must be raising them right.

Most females ive run into or have had to work with the past few years,  who are in their early to mid 20's, have the brain power and attention span of a gnat. Some being spoiled beyond belief. I was looking for the switch to turn off the one who was blabbering on tonight and would not shut up. Geez is this the future generation?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice picture!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:25:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool!

It was a huge hit.....it sure stuck in my mind....hearing it a few hundred times in the space of two weeks will do that I guess.

Thanks again for sharing.

It was number one on the pop charts for several weeks in September 1969
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You must be raising them right.

Most females ive run into or have had to work with the past few years,  who are in their early to mid 20's, have the brain power and attention span of a gnat. Some being spoiled beyond belief. I was looking for the switch to turn off the one who was blabbering on tonight and would not shut up. Geez is this the future generation?

Well, they don't watch the whole thing, but they LOVE the rocket launches and moon landings. Play them over and over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top