Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:08:42 PM EDT
Assuming I have permission from the board, would I myself need to contact the manufacturer as well as dealers to see which is willing to compete for it etc, prices theyre asking, who all is interested? How far does my involvement go?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense, but I wouldn't send my money for a group buy to someone that only has 156 posts on the board and has only been a memeber here since March.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No offense, but I wouldn't send my money for a group buy to someone that only has 156 posts on the board and has only been a memeber here since March.

Werd.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wait a sec ....I dont want to take money...doesnt the company take the money for buys? See this is the thing, I dont know the ins and outs of a GB thats why im asking.

and to get technical, ive been a memeber since '01 but under an old sn acr42. I just decided to get a new name, i had been gone for awhile
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a sec ....I dont want to take money...doesnt the company take the money for buys? See this is the thing, I dont know the ins and outs of a GB thats why im asking.

and to get technical, ive been a memeber since '01 but under an old sn acr42. I just decided to get a new name, i had been gone for awhile

Neg. In a group buy , YOU are "The company".
Everyone sends their money to you, you place one big whumpin order with the distributor, you get the big whumpin package then break it down and send everyone who paid you their portion of the goods.

Still want to do a group buy?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
better off leaving it to the professionals.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
better off leaving it to the professionals.....

Or at least stay in a Holiday Inn Express before you do a group buy......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neg. In a group buy , YOU are "The company".
Everyone sends their money to you, you place one big whumpin order with the distributor, you get the big whumpin package then break it down and send everyone who paid you their portion of the goods.

Still want to do a group buy?

Not always, the MO group buy from CMMG was all through them. No money ever went to the person in charge.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm well I emailed the manufacturer to see if theyre interested and i emailed ar15.com so we'll see. Depending on how it goes i may get an elder/pillar of the board to take charge of it hehe

Theres enough interest in SOPMOD stocks *wink wink* to get it going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top