Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:41:52 PM EDT
I just made a quick trip to the video store and was listening to the only AM station that comes in at night.

Two commentators (one a former prosecutor, the other a defense attorney) were discussing the situation in New Orleans.

The both agreed that the people in New Orleans who were on dry ground should NOT be forced from their homes.

Then, one of them said "...and what about the 2nd amendment?  I know that if I was in my home and they came and took my only means of protection, I'd be pretty upset."

Commentator #2 said in response "Yes, one thing that this event has taught us is that the government cannot be counted on to protect you in times like this.  You are going to be responsible for yourself."
Now, the shocking part.

The AM station that I was listening to is an audio feed of CNN.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
He hit that one right on the head.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
....and in the United States, today, faced with the REAL possibility of government intervention in their lives, (ETA)the loss of private property, the right to keep and bear arms and the specter of thousands of homeless citizens with criminal records coming to THEIR neighborhoods,(/ETA) the population of the country took a dramatic shift to the political right.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
....and in the United States, today, faced with the REAL possibility of government intervention in their lives, the population of the country took a dramatic shift to the political right.....

Yup, and the dems think they are scoring points with this.  Silly clueless fucks those dems.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
....and in the United States, today, faced with the REAL possibility of government intervention in their lives, the population of the country took a dramatic shift to the political right.....

I think it's more of a dramatic shift towards "I will be self sufficiant, not depend on my government, and be suspicious and question what it does, even when I agree with it."

Which is better.

It does favor the right, but I'll be happy with leftists with guns who no longer accept the party line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top