Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 5:58:56 PM EDT
Is anyone else as annoyed as I am that the volume seems to go WAY up when a TV program switches to commercials?

I find this absolutely infuriating.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Repeat after me (from Bad Boys 2)

Woooosaa
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried.  It doesn't work.

Everytime freakin time I think I have it set at a good medium, the volume on the commercials switches and i get blasted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not volume, it's compression.

--Mike
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I hit the MUTE button the instant a commercial comes on.
I might miss something when the trash is over, but that’s a risk (and a small one considering what comes out of La-La-Land lately) I’m willing to take.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#5]
My bad, I guess I was confused by the little control and the indicator that say "Volume."
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
TBS is bad for this on Direct TV.  The show volume will be at a whisper and the commercial volume will be blasting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate that too,but what really chaps my ass is that they all contain some kind of beep or something that sounds just like your pager!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even go into Braums anymore,thier fry alarms sound just like my emergency pager!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Its especially bad when you are trying to watch something at night when everyone else is in bed. You turn the sound low to keep from disturbing others with the commercials and then you cant hear whats happening on the show and so you turn the sound back up some until its comfortable, not too loud or quiet and then a commercial break comes and suddenly the people on the commercials are YELLING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS or so it seems.

Yeah it pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Does Magnavox still make the tvs with smart sound? That took care of that problem. My next tv will be one if they still do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top