Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:54 PM EDT

Or should they blindly, and without question follow the orders of their superiors?

"With all due respect, Sir... I can not, and will not, order or forcefully remove American citizens from their homes, nor will I confiscate any firearms they might have, Sir".

"Myself, you and every other American in this unit took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States". "I can not in good conscious violate that oath, Sir".

usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/l/blenlistoath.htm

"In the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, _________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of ___________________________________ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of ________________________ and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
For those that do.....this is what awaits them:

UCMJ

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't........
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The National Guard is not forcing anyone from their homes.  

LEOs are doing that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

LEOs are doing that.

But they're under the Governors control now, and can't he order them to comply with the Asshat Nagin's orders?

If I remember correctly, the Gov. has NOT allowed the the federalization of the whole relief effort, so aren't NG under the Gov. control?  Or still Federal?  

Not sure if they can mutiny, or against who they will mutiny against, Gov, or the people.

Sad state of affairs, if you ask me....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I could of swore that video is a national guards man taking down that lady?

Quoted:

LEOs are doing that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LEOs are doing that.

But they're under the Governors control now, and can't he order them to comply with the Asshat Nagin's orders?

If I remember correctly, the Gov. has NOT allowed the the federalization of the whole relief effort, so aren't NG under the Gov. control?  Or still Federal?  

Not sure if they can mutiny, or against who they will mutiny against, Gov, or the people.

Sad state of affairs, if you ask me....

Not an issue.  I saw on the news this morning where the National Guard commander stated that Guardsman will not be participating in those activities because they don't have the legal authority.

These tasks have been delegated to LEOs.

It's a non-issue.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I could of swore that video is a national guards man taking down that lady?

Quoted:

LEOs are doing that.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry LEO in NO is now sporting the latest fashions in camo wear.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Since they have sworn to uphold the constitution, shouldn't the guard be stopping the JBTs?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
... that is a very personal "moral code" question that should never be answered on a public forum on the Internet

... My "belief" is that the more right-leaning individual will perform differently than the liberal counterpart
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

LEOs are doing that.

I've been listening to Fox News all day, and the NOPD has stated emphatically that they will not be forcing anyone from their homes. Supposedly no one has been forced from their homes yet, all that has happened is that the police have siezed people's weapons. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see who starts rounding people up. Given the fact that a military officer has been appointed to replace the civilian director of FEMA, I have a pretty strong hunch about who'll be conducting the round ups.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Since they have sworn to uphold the constitution, shouldn't the guard be stopping the JBTs?

Again, they're not LEOs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
just out of curiosity are all firearms being taken or just from those who refuse to leave or become violent etc. I would think that if people were packing up and leaving of their own accord there would be no reason reason whatsoever to confiscate anything, just leave em alone.

OTOH I believe they should just leave em alone and not confiscate anything anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Hate to say this,but there is NO saving of these homes that are flooded! Get many bulldozers,put 'em all in a big pile,and toss the match. Damned shame,this could have been prevented,Kieth _J really brought out the truth in another post.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
just out of curiosity are all firearms being taken or just from those who refuse to leave or become violent etc.

ALL Firearms!

The Chief of the NOPD:

"Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns."
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hate to say this,but there is NO saving of these homes that are flooded! Get many bulldozers,put 'em all in a big pile,and toss the match. Damned shame,this could have been prevented,Kieth _J really brought out the truth in another post.

trouble is, there are many homes that are NOT flooded and have survived relatively unscathed with the occupents who have stockpiles of food, water and generators but they are being forced out too, to leave their perfectly fine home to the 4 winds.\

which of course is un mitigated BS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

trouble is, there are many homes that are NOT flooded and have survived relatively unscathed with the occupents who have stockpiles of food, water and generators but they are being forced out too, to leave their perfectly fine home to the 4 winds.\

which of course is un mitigated BS.

That is true! Why is it that these so-called MFICs are making this shit up as they go along.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LEOs are doing that.

I've been listening to Fox News all day, and the NOPD has stated emphatically that they will not be forcing anyone from their homes. Supposedly no one has been forced from their homes yet, all that has happened is that the police have siezed people's weapons. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see who starts rounding people up. Given the fact that a military officer has been appointed to replace the civilian director of FEMA, I have a pretty strong hunch about who'll be conducting the round ups.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#18]
New Orleans is a big area.  My relatives in the suburbs (Kenner, Metarie) had very minimal damage to their houses and no flooding.

Lots of the more affluent sections of town were not flooded and the only real damage was some downed limbs.  Lots of those people don't want to leave their homes.  I don't blame them.

ETA:  What I'm trying to say here is don't believe what you're seeing on the news - those guys aren't leaving the flooded area and are showing a lot of stock video now - I've seen the same houses over and again multiple times.  There is some flooding - if all they were doing was evacuating people from where it was flooded, that wouldn't be an issue - it's hard to live underwater.

These people are not flooded, haven't been flooded and are doing fine, except for interference from the government.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
For those that do.....this is what awaits them:

UCMJ

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't........

It's be an interesting case, and might even wind up at the SCOTUS.

Troops violating citizens 2nd amendment rights?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top