Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 4:29:21 PM EDT
I scrounged around the kitchen and whipped up a quick meal of mac n' cheese, hamburger meat, and ketchup.  It was pretty good, actually.

I wasn't able to finish all of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ketchup ?????

Yeeesh
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
ditch that ketchup for some franks, girly man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ketchup ?????

Yeeesh

It needed extra flavor... badly.

I used a non-Heinz product.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yumm. I looks like stuff I used to eat, before I got married.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ketchup ?????

Yeeesh

......-10 point for the ketchup........thats just evil !!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Left out a tape measure?  

ETA: I did not see the ruler at first. You pass.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Left out a tape measure?  

The actual rule is that you must have a measuring device.  My tactical stainless ruler is adequate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Explain how that stripper clip is going to load rounds into your revolver and I'll give you the nod.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Explain how that stripper clip is going to load rounds into your revolver and I'll give you the nod.

Apparently you have never used a Speed Strip...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Left out a tape measure?  

The actual rule is that you must have a measuring device.  My tactical stainless ruler is adequate.

The actual rule is that you must have food and a gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I have seen "Speed Stripers".hehehehe...................Yup speed strip "The" acessory for your girlie gun!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Why the HELL did you put ketchup on your mac and cheese?

My girlfriend puts ketchup on anything!

and there's no "adult" alcoholic beverage!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]
they are not stripper clips..... they are bianchi speed strips.. they hold revolver rounds , an load 2 at a time.....  I have a few for my little 38 spcl..

colt
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#16]
how do you like that civilian.

i'd get one, but the blade looks so untraditional and cumbersome as far as a tool goes.

they seem incredibly ostentatious, but im interesed in knowing how they perform.

what say you?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Yum I love ketchup on just about everything!

Good job, man, pass the leftovers!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow you are one of those rich kids I hated when I was in college. You can afford meat!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

i'd get one, but the blade looks so untraditional and cumbersome as far as a tool goes.

they seem incredibly ostentatious, but im interesed in knowing how they perform.

what say you?

It's worthless as a tool but if I ever had to defend myself with it... there is no blade I would rather have.  I carry it to places where my pistol can't go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wow you are one of those rich kids I hated when I was in college. You can afford meat!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Left out a tape measure?  

The actual rule is that you must have food and a gun.

Just covering my bases for the traditionalists and the stapler nazis alike.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what say you?

It's worthless as a tool but if I ever had to defend myself with it... there is no blade I would rather have.  I carry it to places where my pistol can't go.

as i expected. a bit dissapointed, but thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#23]
-1 for using a real plate instead of reuseable plastic wal-mart plates from a blister-pack of 4.

9/10

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
-1 for using a real plate instead of reuseable plastic wal-mart plates from a blister-pack of 4.

9/10

You kiddin?  Those things cost money!  

My plates came from a garage sale... a set of 6 for $4 and they were already broke in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yumm. I looks like stuff I used to eat, before I got married.

Just wait until you have kids...you'll be eating it again!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#26]
OK  I get everything except the ruler.
Do you really measure that "thing"
while you are eating??
Noodles for dinner? LOL

Dont worry kid graduation=Prime Rib.
If possible, find a girlfriend whos family owns a restuarant
IT worked for me, well..  I wasnt hungry...

myit
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Ah, college.  

Humbly suggest you try ditching the cheese and trying it with tabasco or just using pasta, meat & marinara sauce for american chop suey.

I have to give you a + 1.5 for quality firearm and knife in college.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ah, college.  

Humbly suggest you try ditching the cheese and trying it with tabasco or just using pasta, meat & marinara sauce for american chop suey.

I have to give you a + 1.5 for quality firearm and knife in college.

You should see what my collection USED to look like.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I give it an 8.

Good choice of  self-defense firearm:  won't jam or double-feed  (like my Glock did this week).

Grips might be a bit slippery under stress, but won't  snag on clothing.

Congrats on using a Speed Strip rather than a speed loader (more concealable, faster to load a few rounds than hassling with getting all five in at once [faster back in the fight]).

Possible adjustments:

- +.5 if you have swapped the factory hammer and trigger return springs for Wolff springs.
- +.5 if you have fired the thing at least 300 times.
- -.5 if it has an internal lock (visible on the other side); but, if so, then +.5 if the hollowpoints weigh 125 grains or less.

Good presentation, but, that meal looks like Pooh Bear's breakfast in the very good movie "The Salton Sea."

ETA:  Slight adjustment.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I give it a 9.

Good choice of  self-defense firearm:  won't jam or double-feed  (like my Glock did this week).

Grips might be a bit slippery under stress, but won't  snag on clothing.

Congrats on using a Speed Strip rather than a speed loader (more concealable, faster to load a few rounds than hassling with getting all five in at once [faster back in the fight]).

Possible adjustments:

- +.5 if you have swapped the factory hammer and trigger return springs for Wolff springs.
- +.5 if you have fired the thing at least 300 times.
- -.5 if it has an internal lock (visible on the other side); but, if so, then +.5 if the hollowpoints weigh 125 grains or less.

Good presentation, but, that meal looks like Pooh Bear's breakfast in the very good movie "The Salton Sea."

The springs haven't been changed.  I have fired it around 200 times since I got it in June and the hollowpoints are 135grn Speer Gold Dot +P that were "specifically designed by Speer for 2" barrel revolvers".

It is my pocket gun and I carry it far more than any other carry pistol I have owned.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]
-.5, as I think the bread should have been lightly toasted and then spread with butter & maybe a splattering of Garlic.  But for a college kid, you did OK.  Might want to ease up a bit on the sauce the next time.

Overall 9.5.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
-.5, as I think the bread should have been lightly toasted and then spread with butter & maybe a splattering of Garlic.  But for a college kid, you did OK.  Might want to ease up a bit on the sauce the next time.

Overall 9.5.

Rick

I like the untoasted bread better, actually.

The sauce was out of the packet in the Kraft box...

I'm actually a pretty good cook but this meal was thrown together with what I had on hand.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I've heard about the Speer Gold Dots, and very good things too.

For those on the slightly paranoid side, there have been some reports that heavy bullets fired from lightweight S&W revolvers with internal locks have caused the revolvers to lock themselves.  This occurs (according to the stories) because of a variety of circumstances:

(1) The internal lock, when used often, becomes easier to turn due to polishing of the contact surfaces;
(2) The recoil from heavy bullets causes a fair amount of muzzle flip because of the light "pencil" barrel and the mass of the bullet with a +P charge; and,
(3) The internal lock turns counter-clockwise to lock, and muzzle flip causes the frame to rotate in a clock-wise manner.

Thus,  according to some credible reports, fast and forceful muzzle flip may turn a slick internal lock to the "locked" position.

There are no real fixes for this.  Some have epoxied the lock, but this is not the best option.  Some gunsmiths may be able to neutralize the lock, but they had better know their business.  Some people advocate NEVER using the internal lock, and firing only lighter bullets.  The Speers should be OK.

I'm not trying to dump on your firearm; I am in the same boat, carrying one as a pocket pistol as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Shit.  I nominate this for a 10.

Think about how hard it is in college to make ends meet.  He has $400 of gun and knife in there, which results in eating macaroni and cheese, with ketchup as garnish.

Can I get a hell yeah?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I've heard about the Speer Gold Dots, and very good things too.

For those on the slightly paranoid side, there have been some reports that heavy bullets fired from lightweight S&W revolvers with internal locks have caused the revolvers to lock themselves.  This occurs (according to the stories) because of a variety of circumstances:

(1) The internal lock, when used often, becomes easier to turn due to polishing of the contact surfaces;
(2) The recoil from heavy bullets causes a fair amount of muzzle flip because of the light "pencil" barrel and the mass of the bullet with a +P charge; and,
(3) The internal lock turns counter-clockwise to lock, and muzzle flip causes the frame to rotate in a clock-wise manner.

Thus,  according to some credible reports, fast and forceful muzzle flip may turn a slick internal lock to the "locked" position.

There are no real fixes for this.  Some have epoxied the lock, but this is not the best option.  Some gunsmiths may be able to neutralize the lock, but they had better know their business.  Some people advocate NEVER using the internal lock, and firing only lighter bullets.  The Speers should be OK.

I'm not trying to dump on your firearm; I am in the same boat, carrying one as a pocket pistol as well.

It has the lock but hopefully I won't have any problem with it.  I have never locked it... mainly since the guy I bought it from didn't have the key.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Shit.  I nominate this for a 10.

Think about how hard it is in college to make ends meet.  He has $400 of gun and knife in there, which results in eating macaroni and cheese, with ketchup as garnish.

Can I get a hell yeah?

The S&W is all I have left.

I sold a Glock 35 USPSA race gun, a Sig P220, an M4gery, a customized M1A Scout, a TLE/RL, a Glock 26, an 870, another M4gery, a Garand, a Savage 10FP Tactical, and other fine firearms in the past 12 months.

Hopefully when I get out of college and pay back my student loans, I can rebuild my collection better than ever.  At least I have a whole lot of trial and error out of my system and I know what works and what doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I'd eat it, 10+
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Hopefully when I get out of college and pay back my student loans, I can rebuild my collection better than ever.

Hmmmmm......are you going public or private?

I graduated in 04 with a bunch of student loan debt.  You get 10 years to pay it off initially.  If/when you refinance, you can extend it pretty easily.  So, for the next 15 years, I pay $1,300 or so.  That still leaves plenty of money for guns.

You'll probably never be able to borrow someone else's money at this low a rate, so don't rush to pay it off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok going to make some of that stuff , you use the cheese to right.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ok going to make some of that stuff , you use the cheese to right.

Just use a box of Kraft mac and cheese, and follow the directions on the box.

Brown 1/2 lb. of hamburger meat and add to the finished mac n' cheese.

If you fail at preparing this meal, you are truly pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#42]

If you fail at preparing this meal, you are truly pathetic.

It was good. Used to much beef , it was not a good grade either i hate off brand meat. But it was good ketchup helped 100%.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top