Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 3:01:31 PM EDT
dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/video/us/2005/09/09/simon.katrina.new.orleans.forced.evacuations.cnn/video.ws.asx?NGUserID=false&adDEmas=false

What do I need to do to download and save a copy of this video?

Can someone grab it for me?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Right Click "Save Target As"
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
wow!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

All that does is save a 4K playlist file. The actual video you are watching is straming from mms://wmscnn.stream.aol.com/cnn/us/2005/09/09/simon.katrina.new.orleans.forced.evacuations.cnn.ws.wmv
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I can sort of understand being forced out if your house is/was halfway underwater and pretty much unliveable, but those places look undamaged and the people seem prepared.  That's crap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
"The police were trying to talk sense into the people who would not leave"

The lady at the end nailed it for me!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
nevermind didn't work
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
tag for later
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All that does is save a 4K playlist file. The actual video you are watching is straming from mms://wmscnn.stream.aol.com/cnn/us/2005/09/09/simon.katrina.new.orleans.forced.evacuations.cnn.ws.wmv

any way to save that?

I tried

wget wmscnn.stream.aol.com/cnn/us/2005/09/09/simon.katrina.new.orleans.forced.evacuations.cnn.ws.wmv

but it didn't work
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]
That's fucked up....if they want to stay, let them stay!

That Attorney has BALLS........God Bless Him, and sure hope he makes a stand!!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#12]
btt
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 I would like to save a copy as well
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Just let them stay for now as long as they fully understand the Bulldozers are coming threw in time.
They have hade plenty of warning , turn off the cameras and get the job done.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
CNN just had a piece, of parts of NO that are untouched......and Ass-shat Nagin, STILL wants them to evacuate.

One toothless fellow, said he has enough water and food for a month, and their supermarket is fully stock, not even touched by looters.

I have no idea what their idiot mayor thinks......but my guess is HE, and HE alone wants to make a name for himself, for any future political aspirations.

Grandstanding.......a politcian first, a humanitarian second.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Pass the ammo, plz.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Probably need some software which can record what is shown on your monitor.   Google save .asx to hard drive and I believe some pay sofware can do what you wish.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Just let them stay for now as long as they fully understand the Bulldozers are coming threw in time.
They have hade plenty of warning , turn off the cameras and get the job done.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]
More evidence that the citizenry needs to be as well armed at the police.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#21]
look in the main confiscation thread.  I have it on my website.  DO NOT HOT LINK!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#23]
The lawyer summed it up for me!

I'd like to buy that guy a few drinks.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#24]
If it comes down to that for me, I aint gonna announce my plans to shoot the cops. Just do it, don't warn them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope the lawyer has supporting fire in overwatch positions.  That would be fantastic!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
look in the main confiscation thread.  I have it on my website.  DO NOT HOT LINK!

Got it (and the other one). Thanks!

If it's all right with you I'll upload them to www.putfile.com and it'll take the load off your bandwidth.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks man, I got the video clip.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Forgot where I found this, I think it was on ARFCom though :

How to save Video

Programmers have gotten smarter. "Right Click/Save As" is not always an option these days, but there are still all these cool videos, etc that you want to save, but can't. Or at least it seems that way.

Most of these typically play in 'pop-up' type windows, where a new window opens in which the actual video plays. Generally, there is so much Java and Active-X coding, that I can't seem to find the actual media file (the video) to save.

Part of the problem is Microsoft's MMS

MMS or ' Microsoft Media Server ' protocol is Microsoft's proprietary network streaming protocol. Microsoft has never released a specification to describe how MMS actually works, yet it is extensively used by their Microsoft media player software. MMS protocol can be used on top of TCP and UDP transport protocols over any network medium. Its primary use is to stream live or prerecorded audio and video content to your computer without any need to download a file before playing.

Well, here are a couple of tips.

First, there is a program called 'URL Snooper' that will dig through the coding and find the file names.

"Many links to streaming audio and video that you come across on the web are hidden behind javascript or activex scripts. Because of this, it is sometimes very difficult to figure out the actual urls that correspond to the streams being played. URL Snooper provides easy solution to finding the URLs for all streams by by watching network traffic and identifying potential urls, especially streaming media urls."

This program is a little difficult to use (and there is a much easier way to find files that you have played - see TECHIE TIP below). Bottom line - you DO NOT NEED this program.

URL Snooper

Second, there is SDP (streaming download project). SDP will play the media file and 'copy' it to your harddrive. It works like a VCR.

You will need this program or another streaming capture program to actually capture streaming media to your harddrive.

sdp.ppona.com/

TECH TIP: Once you have viewed a video, there will be a 'copy' of it in your Internet Temporary Files folder. It will be a DAT file. You can't use the DAT file directly, but you can use the address to download the file.

The Temporary file will look like this (colors added):

mms://a1020.v87255.c8725.g.vc.akamaistream.net/7/1020/8725/v0001/msnent.download.akamai.com/8725/DBA90618/published/Video/Projects/High/1073259_Clip1_SuzieMcNeil.wmv#0;1.000;0;0;1:2;4:2

Take the name of the file and delete all the trailing characters that are shown in green. The actual video file will most often end in '.wmv', 'rpn' or '.mov' Everything past that part of the filename shown in GREEN is coding characters that you don't need. Using a capture program such as SDP (above) or GetASFStream, etc, you can paste the BLUE portion of the filename and have the capture program play only the video portion and write it to your harddrive.

You now have your own copy of those videos that you always wanted to save but couldn't figure out how to!!!!

(The Temporary Files folder is used to store images, text, and multimedia that you view on the Internet to your harddrive, so that if you view it again, you are actually viewing it from the harddrive and not having to pull it from the Internet again. It is designed to speed up your Internet expeirence by pulling locally without you knowing it. The Temporary Files folder uses a % of yor total harddrive space and as it fills up, older stuff is automatically deleted).

To find your Internet Temporary Files, do the following:

If you are in Internet Explorer.

Click Tools
Click Internet Options...
On the General tab under Temporary Internet files click Settings...
The Settings window will show Temporary Internet files folder > Current location:
Example:
C:\Documents and Settings\Veblin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Click View Files... to open the TIF.

Pretty cool. Let the hard drive filling begin.

Happy Surfing

Thank you to whoever typed this up
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]
The attourney has it dead on.
Hope he's a site member!

myit
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#30]
WOW, that is some tough shit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The lawyer summed it up for me!

I'd like to buy that guy a few drinks.

Bomber

Save your beer money and buy him a few frags. He's going to need them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone have a copy of the ABC news video too?  I want to archive that on my home server too.  This will be going up on my home page.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top