Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:07:02 PM EDT
We can all agree that at the least, the City of New Orleans is depriving law abiding citizens their constitutional rights under the 2nd and 5th Amendments.  I would think that in the time of turmoil, the founding principles of our government would be more important than ever.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
[libtard]What are you talking about?
The constitution is a living document.  The second amendment only applies to the National Guard, not the people.  Anyway, they only put it in to make it so people could hunt, and you don't need to hunt for sustenance now.[/libtard]
And I think you meant the Fourth Amendment.  Not too many people self-incriminating...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Because we keep electing politicians who value the Constitution no more than toilet paper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We can all agree that at the least, the City of New Orleans is depriving law abiding citizens their constitutional rights under the 2nd and 5th Amendments.  I would think that in the time of turmoil, the founding principles of our government would be more important than ever.  

The liberals would say that the Founding Fathers couldn't have imagined modern day handguns and assault rifles, and for the safety of the police and "rescuers" we need to forget about that old piece of paper...

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If it will save one child...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Because we keep electing politicians who value the Constitution no more than toilet paper.

Your avatar keeps freaking me out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your avatar keeps freaking me out.

Hell, it freaks ME out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The constitution is a living document.  The second amendment only applies to the National Guard, not the people.  Anyway, they only put it in to make it so people could hunt, and you don't need to hunt for sustenance now.[/libtard]
And I think you meant the Fourth Amendment.  Not too many people self-incriminating...

Property is being seized by the government. He probably meant Fifth.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Because people don't have the BALLS to enforce it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Because we let it.

Because we've allowed our "education system" to turn out ignorant drones for decades.

Because those ignorant drones vote for bread & circuses, and produce more ignorant drones.

Because those of us who notice this shit and care about it, just want to be left the fuck alone - and won't recognize that they won't leave us alone.  We're dangerous to them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#11]
There was another constitutional issue that passed mostly unnoticed today.  An appeals court ruled that the US government has the right to hold an American citizen who is arrested in the United States indefinitely on secret evidence without trial or access to lawyers.  I fing that MUCH more terrifying than the erosion of the second amendment (which has been taking place for 80 years).  

Of course, this particular shitting on the consitution will probably be popular here, given that the person in question is almost certainly a terrorist.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

You know that's a pretty profound statement.  Seriously, it is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Search and Seizure is the 4th
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Search and Seizure is the 4th

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The precedent for crapping on the rights of the people was established in 1861.   So yes, it means nothing now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]
When the 2nd amendment was written, the musket was a pretty good ass kicking firearm. Just as the 870's and AR's are today. Things got better, so did the guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top