Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:34:54 AM EDT
Going to Israel in January. Second time for me, first time for my wife. Can't wait. This time I will understand much, much more. Emphasis will be on the ancient city of David/Jerusalem. Truly an amazing country. Anybody else been?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#1]
tagged.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, that's really cool. Have fun and stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, thats great.  Hope you have an amazing time.

I've been there twice, for a month each time.  First time before they gave away the Sinai, and Sharm el Sheik was still Israeli.  Went diving in Aqqaba, really good spot.  Last time was before the my oldest son (now 10) was born, so it has been a while.  We are waiting for the youngest (two today) to get a little older before we go back.

My wife lived there for a year after college, she actually evacuated to Greece the day the first Gulf war broke out.

Eyes open, be safe, have a super trip, post pics (especially IDF stuff)

Fish

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never been there, but I've seen a lot of travelogues on PBS, Even though I'm not Jewish nor particularly religious, from a history standpoint, a truely historical city. Have fun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Isreal is amazing. Be sure to hit up Masada.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Spent a month there, 3 weeks on an IDF base, ~1 week in Jerusalem. I'll post more when I get back home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top