Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 5:43:06 AM EDT
I was talking earlier to my friend from McComb, MS, and he was telling me that McComb (a town that normally has one rape per year, at most) had a rape last week - it appears that a refugee raped a woman in the grocery-store parking lot.

So, anyway, I was wondering - are there other reports of crime (especially violent crime) coming to town wherever the refugees go?

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear the area around the Astrodome has seen a huge jump in crime.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're getting "project" refugees, your town is going to start seeing a jump in "project" behavior.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]

a refugee raped a woman in the grocery-store parking lot

This is why I issued heavier firepower to my wife.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you're getting "project" refugees, your town is going to start seeing a jump in "project" behavior.

All too true I'm afraid!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All too true I'm afraid!!

Same attitude--different location. If they were good people in NOLA they will continue to be the same. If not, they have found a new place to and new people to fuck with.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Duh
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Just reading the threads around here, there have been several incidents regarding NOLA refugees trying to muscle in on local populations and increases in crime. I think I would have to be idealistic and naive to believe it woudln't happen. A lot of those displaced citizens were looting a week ago. They didn't get to keep their stuff when they were bussed out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how many of the "project" refugees will meat their deaths by folks in their "new" home towns. Lots of places won't stand for their bullshit, and it won't be long before some former looter turned burgler gets shot by a homeowner.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wonder how many of the "project" refugees will meat their deaths by folks in their "new" home towns. Lots of places won't stand for their bullshit, and it won't be long before some former looter turned burgler gets shot by a homeowner.

Not enough will die.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
If they were willing to commit murder, rape, and robbery in their own neighborhoods, I'm sure they'll do it wherever they end up  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]
If these were just project people I could understand a slight jump. As I understand things, local jails were open and the *inmates* were allowed to go free. I think some of the violent crime is directly due to this. No?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I was wondering why senator Kerry and Kennedy did'nt open up thier "summer" homes to these folks.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Is that even a serious question? Did I waste my post on this.......oopppp, I did.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

a refugee raped a woman in the grocery-store parking lot

This is why I issued heavier firepower to my wife.

My wife went from pepper spray to learning how to shoot my sks and we got her her very own baby glock.  It's a 27. I'm such a proud man.  

[hands out cigars]
She ever learns to clean there's a case of choice in it for someone.  That's a case of your fav liquor not ammo.  Damn that's bad....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Funny, apparently the Chief of Police and Mayor of Baton Rouge insist that there has been no increase in crime there since the mass influx of NO refugees....yeah, right, sure. Thats not what I hear....

BTW the Mayor happens to be a "person of color(tm)", "person of melanin" (no shit, that a real one, read it used in the UB Student Paper...), or whatever the current PC euphanism is. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Does a wild bear shit in the woods????
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Scumbags bring crime with them and unfortunately an apparently high percentage of the folks coming out of NO are scumbags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd rather have refugees/looters in my neighborhood than the Oklahoma National Guard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Here in San Antonio, arrests began almost immediatley after they arrived.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Sadly there is no answer other than yes, they will bring their basic behaviors with them.  The law abiding folks will still be law abiding folks, and the criminals will still be criminals.  And the criminals will be in a new target rich environment.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd rather have refugees/looters in my neighborhood than the Oklahoma National Guard.

No shit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I was talking earlier to my friend from McComb, MS, and he was telling me that McComb (a town that normally has one rape per year, at most) had a rape last week - it appears that a refugee raped a woman in the grocery-store parking lot.

So, anyway, I was wondering - are there other reports of crime (especially violent crime) coming to town wherever the refugees go?

His name Ed?  Into German shepherds?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His name Ed?  Into German shepherds?

No, not him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Of course they do.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Of course they do.  

Being from AZ, I'm sure you have experience with the phenomena........
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#27]
They brought it here.  That's why I bought one of the NOPD "looters will be shot on sight-REPEATEDLY" T shirts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Can the $2000 debit cards be used for bail?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not sure we'd notice much of a difference in the DC/Baltimore area...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

(bet it will be tried!)

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They'll be sold for $200 cash to buy rocks long before the cardholder is arrested.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I heard on the radio earlier that folks are already standing outside the stadium offering $1500 cash for the cards.  Capitalism at its finest.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Keep checking eBay... I'm sure one will turn up on there.

One guy put himself on eBay... check it out

There seems to be all kinds of other capitalizing in the name of Hurricane Katrina

No doubt some of the "earnings" will never see anyone even remotely connected to the madness of NOLA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top