Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
AR15fan NAILED IT

CALL YOUR GOVENER AND IMPLORE THEM TO ORDER THEIR AGENCIES TO DISOBEY ANY ORDER TO EVICT AND DISARM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS

ALSO +1BIL FOR CALL YOU REPS, EMAIL WRITE EVERYBODY DO IT NOW!!

As a lawful member of the voting public I am incensed by the forcible eviction of people and the confiscation of legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens of the United Stated by officials in New Orleans. We are fighting a war in Iraq and Afghanistan to install, protect and uphold individual rights and freedoms, one right might I ad allows 1 AK-47 per household, to be kept for protection. Do Iraqi's have more rights then US Citizens? Is New Orleans more lawless then Baghdad? As the Governor of this great state of Texas you must stand up and fight for our constitutional right to bear arms to protect ourselves and our property. You must fight this grave injustice. You cannot let this order to disarm and forcibly evict law abiding people stand, period! I implore you DO SOMETHING NOW! Order all Texas agencies helping in the relief effort to disobey any order or commander that  compels them to violate the constitution, and the inalienable rights of those in New Orleans. Follow this to the end. Those who gave these illegal orders and those that carried them out must be held accountable. If they are not then we the people will hold those who did nothing to stop this travesty, accountable at the ballot box

Feel free to cut and paste this

I plagiarized some of the above text for emails to my senators.  Please feel free to use and improve upon what I have used and, hopefully, improved upon:

As a lawful member of the voting public and one of your constituents, I am incensed and appalled by the forcible eviction of residents and the confiscation of legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens of the United Stated by officials in New Orleans. We are fighting a war in Iraq and Afghanistan to install, protect and uphold individual rights and freedoms.  Even Iraqi householders are allowed an AK-47 to be kept for protection. Do Iraqi's have more rights than US Citizens? Are residents of dry and largely undamaged portions of New Orleans to be stripped of their civil rights in total disregard for both the 4th and 2nd Amendments?   These are not privileges to be contravened at the whim of incompetent elected officials, but rather inalienable rights and as such are the foundation of this nation.

Please raise your voice against the illegal and immoral abuse of power being wielded by the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana in the name of the “public good”.  Their incompetence has compounded an unfortunate act of nature.  Use your influence in the US Senate to nullify their unlawful and misguided actions and do what they refuse to do; defend the Constitutional rights of US citizens.

Respectfully,

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I get about 100 spam emails a day.
I delete them as fast as they come in.

Does anyone really expect congressmen, representatives, etc. will
do anything less?  

Is everyone so naïve as to think these elected officials give a shit what
gun owners think, especially right now?

I’m smart enough to know I’m not smart enough to have an answer.

I’m not a member of the NRA.  
My irate letters in the past have been directed towards them over things
like their blatant disregard for the citizens of Cook County Illinois.
I moved out of Illinois because the State is bad and getting worse,
and the NRA was worthless.  The only response I got was that
the NRA was continuing to work towards blah blah blah.  BS.

Maybe the US needs a new organization.
Something that protected all guns rights, for all firearms,
for all people, in every state, all the time.  

Any ideas?

What we need is smaller, more localized organizations (at the state level). The NRA has become a complacent bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Therefore, if there is no gun registrations just say I am not going and I have no guns. Why would you just hand your gun over to the NOPD or NG.

JUST SAY NO.

Also what if the person wants to ship his guns by an FFL to another state where he will be residing or have a friend to take them.

Are you completely oblivious to what is going on???

They are breaking into houses and removing you whether you want to or not!

If you have guns they take them.

If you use them, they shoot you.

Nazi's under the shadow of red, white, and blue.

what are YOU going to do shoot an officer?? a soldier?? give me a break

So you would let them take you out of your own property. Surrender your guns AND your rights as an american citizen?!?

We live in America. If they want to stay, they can stay. If they want to use guns as defense, it is their right. No one should ever be forcefully removed from their property, even if it is smart to do so.

i would throw a bitch fit and ya thats about it. under marshal law shit changes civil rights change. Im not going to shoot an officer sorry.

thats all great, except for the fact that marshall law was not declared.

Hate to be a spelling NAZI, but it's MARTIAL Law, not Marshall...they make guitar amps!
I've been seeing that all week and it's buggin' the FUCK out of me!

Anyway, on the original post, hiding them or lying is an option, but how could ANYONE allow the constitution to be butt-fucked in their presence. It's up to YOU to make a scene and be a martyr when this shit happens.

Good catch.  Christ, I've been living here this past week and my English goes to shit with all the acronyms and such.  Marshall Plan     Martial Law.

If we're going to rant and rave about this nightmare, may as well attempt to spell it correctly.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I am feeling very disillusioned with this country right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
What gets me is they are saying on FOX News that the military and police say they are not forcing people out of their homes at gun point, that they don't have that authority.  I guess I was having hallucinations watching the news the last couple of days. Curiouser and curiouser.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody wanna go down there on a road trip and confront these bastards??
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Updates to the Bill of Rights:

Amendment 2:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed unless it interferes with the military using force to remove people from their homes.

Amendment 3:

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law unless the military needs to sieze private property to setup bases of operations.

Amendment 4:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized, unless the goverment determines that people must be removed from their homes by the military for their own good.

Your cooperation during this time of transition from AmeriCa to AmeriKa is appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am feeling very disillusioned with this country right now.

Watching King of the Hill and Seinfeld has helped me.  I also rented Team America for the 3rd time.  I've gotta clear my mind a bit.

DEFINITELY USE THIS LINK.  Laughing you ass off has been a big help to me.  This one is guaranteed to please.

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?item=37025484

PS  Read the entire ad

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Let's say Marshall Law was declared.  By it's nature the LE and Military can break down the door of my house (I've done nothing wrong now), handcuff me, sit my on the curb, ransack my house, find guns that I own legally, and walk off with them.  

I think alot of people are confusing authority with power.

They DON'T have the authority to do this, pers the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

They DO have the power to do so, via the uniforms and overwhelming numbers.

That doesn't make it right.

In fact it makes it even MORE wrong!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What gets me is they are saying on FOX News that the military and police say they are not forcing people out of their homes at gun point, that they don't have that authority.  I guess I was having hallucinations watching the news the last couple of days. Curiouser and curiouser.

Well, with the naming of a Coast Guard Vice Admiral to command the Katrina Relief Effort, the operation is now under military control. There are no 50,000 active duty and National Guard troops in New Orleans, including elements of the 82nd Airborne division.

"I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as those bastards are going you bastards are coming with us!"

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's say Marshall Law was declared.  By it's nature the LE and Military can break down the door of my house (I've done nothing wrong now), handcuff me, sit my on the curb, ransack my house, find guns that I own legally, and walk off with them.  

I think alot of people are confusing authority with power.

They DON'T have the authority to do this, pers the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

They DO have the power to do so, via the uniforms and overwhelming numbers.

That doesn't make it right.

In fact it makes it even MORE wrong!

Well, authority vs power will have a tremendous impact on the violence of my response.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Remember the Lawyer in orange shorts/no shirt shown on CNN saying he'd never leave? At 10:06pm CNN mentioned he had been arrested but did not say why.  They claim they are not forceing people out yet they arrest them when they refuse to leave!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#13]
OLEWILD-

Just saw a report on CNN.  A guy named O'Brian says he is a LA lawyer in NO.  He was/is refusing to leave his place and says he is armed.  LEO's where at his place.  

If this is not you, you may have the client you are looking for.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Remember the Lawyer in orange shorts/no shirt shown on CNN saying he'd never leave? At 10:06pm CNN mentioned he had been arrested but did not say why.  They claim they are not forceing people out yet they arrest them when they refuse to leave!

This is quite the cluster-fuck, isn't it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Wow...I've must have been drink the same LSD laced water as you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He should have kept his mouth shut and got ready for them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#18]
And just think..............a few years ago the Libs told us that guns would never be confiscated because they didnt want to confiscate them
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
OLEWILD-

Just saw a report on CNN.  A guy named O'Brian says he is a LA lawyer in NO.  He was/is refusing to leave his place and says he is armed.  LEO's where at his place.  

If this is not you, you may have the client you are looking for.
Good luck!

I saw that dude's law listing...he has way more resources than I.  I'm sure he'll be the client of his own firm. I still think everyone should email him at his firm and say bravo. But watch for a hell of a lawsuit to come from him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This is really turning into my worst nightmare. All they need are jackboots and swastikas.
And and all the Josef Goebbel clones on the boob tube are spinning the propaganda line.
I am so Naive I did not think this could happen to law abiding-upstanding Americans, and my view of LEOs will never be the same, despite having friends that are LE.

I tell you one thing, when this is all over, I would like to buy Mr O'Dwyer a beer or two for at least trying to standing up the the Nazis that are now in charge. (If they ever let him see light of day).
He has more balls than all those blue-suited jackbooted thugs combined.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for people walking aroudn outside ... is open carry legal in LA?

The LAW Constitution is no longer applicable in NOLA  

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#22]
NRA....   Where are you???
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Therefore, if there is no gun registrations just say I am not going and I have no guns. Why would you just hand your gun over to the NOPD or NG.

JUST SAY NO.

Also what if the person wants to ship his guns by an FFL to another state where he will be residing or have a friend to take them.

Are you completely oblivious to what is going on???

They are breaking into houses and removing you whether you want to or not!

If you have guns they take them.

If you use them, they shoot you.

Nazi's under the shadow of red, white, and blue.

what are YOU going to do shoot an officer?? a soldier?? give me a break

So you would let them take you out of your own property. Surrender your guns AND your rights as an american citizen?!?

We live in America. If they want to stay, they can stay. If they want to use guns as defense, it is their right. No one should ever be forcefully removed from their property, even if it is smart to do so.

i would throw a bitch fit and ya thats about it. under marshal law shit changes civil rights change. Im not going to shoot an officer sorry.

\\message deleted\\

ETA:

don't feed the trolls

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Hope...there is hope. At least one constitutional right is being protected.

Judge blocks ban on media access to recovery of bodies in New Orleans

www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/07/news.update/index.html

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Question: They're confiscating guns, right?
All of them?
Or just the ones that are in their hands when they answer the door?

If there is anyone in NOLA that has a gun collection like some people on here it would take a day just to load up all of some people's guns.
Not to mention what reason would they have to confiscate guns that are, say, locked up in a safe of three or stored out of sight? That would mean the JBT is not only entering the homes but doing extensive searches for guns that were clearly purchased and not stolen.

Any news or info on the process of having the confiscated guns returned to the owners when they are allowed to return to their homes?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hope...there is hope. At least one constitutional right is being protected.
Judge blocks ban on media access to recovery of bodies in New Orleans
www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/07/news.update/index.html

This shows that a jurisdictional Federal court is in operation for New Orleans.  Someone needs to be pleading the case of the people of NO.

Quoted:

Love the pics.  Spot on.  You need to quote the city attorney from the press conference today.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#32]
e-mailed my congressmen the following message:

"I wanted to write you a quick note to voice my disgust with which the people of New Orleans 2nd ammendment constitutional rights are being trampled. How is it that people in Iraq are allowed to own firearms, and all of the residents of New Orleans are having their weapons confiscated by force when they have commited no crime? What has this country come to when government agents storm into a law abiding citizens home and illegally seize his weapons and force him to leave their home when it wasn't even affected by the flood?? This is an outrage, and can not be allowed to take place in this nation. We are setting a terrible precedent here that says that your constitutional rights are forfeited when the local and/or state government deems it necessary. I would like to see some action in congress to prevent this from happening, not only in New Orleans, but elsewhere in the future. There have been many bad things to happen in New Orleans that could not be helped, but this is not one of them. Please take action to stop this unconstitutional activity now."

Everyone better write or call with something similar or you can kiss it all goodbye.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

If there is anyone in NOLA that has a gun collection like some people on here it would take a day just to load up all of some people's guns.

Days?  Try minutes.  It's not like they're going to pack them up in shipping containers.  They'll be thrown in the back of the truck.  Hope you didn't have any nice collectables.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Strange.
We've always been so afraid of the Democrats slow slippery slope bans.
And its the Republicans who came in one fell swoop and took them.

The standard has been set. Shoot'm while ya got'm, it aint gonna last.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Practice for the day by firing at Paper pie plates the six inch type out to a hundred yards!!!

It happens they are the same size as the exposed area of a _____________ or a _______________wearing body armor!!

There i'm good i did not say what to shoot at!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#37]

The first recorded use of the lone star flag dates to 1810. On September 11, 1810 a troop of West Florida dragoons set out for the provincial capitol at Baton Rouge under this flag. They were joined by other republican forces and captured Baton Rouge, imprisoned the Governor and on September 23, 1810 raised their Bonnie Blue flag over the Fort of Baton Rouge.

IT SHOULD  FLY AGAIN
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Days?  Try minutes.  It's not like they're going to pack them up in shipping containers.  They'll be thrown in the back of the truck.  Hope you didn't have any nice collectables.

Well, when the person conveniently forgets the combos and they eithe rhave to drill the locks or haul out the entire safe...

Other people have more guns than they can even keep track of, and not all in one place in their home either...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm only up to page 6...

Seems like the majority of folks who say they will stand their ground and not give up their weapons invariably state something along the lines that they will be 'deemed a kook like Randy Weaver.'

It's not about public opinion, folks.

Fuck public opinion.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Strange.

The standard has been set. Shoot'm bury 'em while ya got'm, it aint gonna if you want them to last.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
He probably does not want to but it's his Job. He needs to feed his kids too.

Interesting; I didn't know Mengele's words translated so well into English.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That is absolutely the most appropriate (and sad) picture I have seen yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Strange.

The standard has been set. Shoot'm bury 'em while ya got'm, it aint gonna if you want them to last.

Fixed it for ya.

What good is it if you cant use it? At that point we might as well sell them and at least get cash value for them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Strange.

Fixed it for ya.

What good is it if you cant use it? At that point we might as well sell them and at least get cash value for them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Strange.

Fixed it for ya.

Use them, or Lose them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Hate to be a spelling NAZI, but it's MARTIAL Law, not Marshall...they make guitar amps!

Martial Law:

Marshall Law:

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Martial Law:

gunsafety.kisscentral.net/images/nycpd.jpg

Marshall Law:

us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_2850655/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/marshall-ad.jpg?grmW6IDBr8eJbtlT

Well there is some hope after all - Martial Law uses backwards Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#50]
It's sickening that the NRA has not filed for a restraining order to stop gun confiscation.  
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top