Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 11:23:03 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4707087

I want Al Gore to be President right now.
Edited on Fri Sep-09-05 06:58 AM by Melodybe

If we have to throw this whole mafia in jail, I want Gore to be President.

He knew 20 years ago that we should be paying attention to global warming, he was the politician that heard about the internet and thought, "hey, this might be a good idea, I think I'll give them the money to try that out," current TV is the news of the future.

Al Gore was the ONLY politician I saw during the run up to Iraq, that was talking about Bushco's Orwellian way with language. He definately worked wonders getting those sick and dying people out of NO and into Tennessee hospitals.

I want Al Gore to be my president, I think that we should demand a total recall, a special election, to install Al Gore as our legitimate president.

He really is the best man for the job, hell, it is his job.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
And another one:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4688537

dave29 (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-08-05 01:38 AM
Original message
Why Al Gore should be President.
He thinks ahead. He understands what the different aspects of Government are and how to get them to work together rather than having to have it explained to him. He understands the threat of Global Warming, has written and spoken on the threat repeatedly, and has an understanding of how to deal with it. He seemed to be the only prominent person from Government prepared to deal with Katrina, working to cut through red tape and make sure he was able to help people in need-- in a timely manner.

He was instrumental from a governmental perspective in getting the internet infrastructure in place. The internet, more than anything else, has become a place where Democracy has yet to be eroded by Corporate Greed, and political grassroots activism has exploded - and people can help during a crisis more quickly than ever before.

He is and has been against the war in Iraq, which only candidates Howard Dean and Dennis Kucinich can claim to have done before the war became unpopular.

He would have gone for the throat with Al Queda - and focused on the real threat from North Korea. He was yelling about airline security before 9/11.

I could go on and on, I just miss the guy, and wish he was my President.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to handsome and rich… and have a greater chance of getting that than the DU dumbass getting his Gore.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I just thank god he invented the internet so I can surf ARFCOM in the wee hours of the morning.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 Quien  LOL

myit
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just thank god he invented the internet so I can surf ARFCOM in the wee hours of the morning.

You are showing your ignorance.  He never said he invented the internet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cc
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Okee-dokee.  Sorry I upset you by bashing your pal.  Didn't realize there was a serious political discussion going on here.  Please educate me.  Let me say before you get started that I could care less what he may or may not have said, but since you want to make your opinion known, please, have at it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okee-dokee.  Sorry I upset you by bashing your pal.  Didn't realize there was a serious political discussion going on here.  Please educate me.  Let me say before you get started that I could care less what he may or may not have said, but since you want to make your opinion known, please, have at it.

Al Gore invented the internet = Bush made it happen.

Both invented by political machines.  If you want to repeat them thats fine, but it would make you a hipocrite to bash the other side for doing the same.

I prefer to have truth on my side.  It's all we need.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I was just trying to clear up what was actually said.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#12]

I dare somebody to post that at that talking Toxic Waste DUmp.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I dare somebody to post that at that talking Toxic Waste DUmp.

Or this one...

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]
...and let's not forget Al Gore wants gas to be $6.00 a gallon.

It's for the children.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#15]

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4707087

I want Al Gore to be President right now.
Edited on Fri Sep-09-05 06:58 AM by Melodybe

definately

I see the MORONS on that site can't spell this word either.  WTF?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#16]
No, Al Gore is a liar and he's pretty fucking stupid.  Bush gets a lot of crap for being dumb, but at least he finished his post-graduate studies.  Gore flunked out of law and divinity school.

But DU can take heart that Gore's president in an alternate universive.  DU actually had a thread about that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If Al Gore were president the police and national guard would be going doo to door I New Orleans, breaking into homes, and seizing guns. Thank God we got a progun president who would never stand for that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top