Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:27:19 PM EDT
Guns you have sold to LEs are being used in NO rfn to confiscate law abiding citizens guns. Dealers, will you commit now not to sell to LE departments or LEOs? If enough dealers get on board it might just help...keep in mind if you continue at this point to sell firearms, parts, and accessories to departments or officers they could very well be used in the illegal confiscation of firearms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thank you very much for your post...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
i love to roll my eyes at an idiot...  You actually think that asking dealers not to sell to LEOs and depts is actually a smart idea.  Gun dealers are out to make money and a big part of their profits come from these contracts.  Just because this is happening in NO you believe that they should stop selling to all depts and LEOs all over the nation?  What kind of dumbass are you.  I don't believe I would like to continue my patrol duties unarmed because of retards like you !!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I'm sure dealers are just gonna up and not sell firearms to police.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

enlightening post.

However I think the original poster is on to something.

It is not as though dealers\manufactures have to stop LEO sales all together...just those departments that have taken on the task of civilian disarmament.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't support the disarming of citizens and I am an LEO that doesn't care if a law-abiding citizen owns a gun (this includes all guns, if you want a 50 cal rifle thats fine with me).  I don't think dealers refusing to sell to LEOs and depts is a good idea at all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Guns you have sold to LEs are being used in NO rfn to confiscate law abiding citizens guns. Dealers, will you commit now not to sell to LE departments or LEOs? If enough dealers get on board it might just help...keep in mind if you continue at this point to sell firearms, parts, and accessories to departments or officers they could very well be used in the illegal confiscation of firearms.

Why don't YOU put your money where YOUR mouth is and make the personal sacrifice to go down there to NO and STOP those gun confiscating LEO's?  Just take time off work, give up the pay (and possibly the job).  

Like rfn.

Keep in mind that as a citizen of this republic, you are just as responsible as they are for whatever course this country takes.

So, you go first!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a better idea.  Why don't we ALL as citizens not go towork for ONE WHOLE MONTH!! Yeah and all the dealers and store owners can closed their doors and not do business..Yeah and the military will take the next month off..  OR.....

You could maybe not post before you think? Maybe take a trip down to NO and help out with the relief efforts are try not to sound like a uneducated misfit?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How long did it take you to think that one up?  

Quoted:
     <<In his sig line>>
I bought the ultimate man gun--a .50 BMG--but quickly found my wife can shoot it better than I can.

How Ironic.  

Mr. Barrett may be responsible for prompting such a stupid idea.  Seems to be in a similar vein  ....

This is a copy of the RONNIE BARRETT’S LETTER on 50 BMG Rifles
written especially for, and mailed to:
Chief William J. Bratton
Los Angeles Police Department

------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Chief Bratton,

I, a U.S. citizen, own Barrett Firearms Mfg. Inc., and for 20 years, I have built .50 caliber rifles for my fellow citizens, for their Law Enforcement departments and for their nation’s armed forces.

You may be aware of the latest negative misinformation campaign from a Washington based anti-gun group, the Violence Policy Center. The VPC has, for three or so years, been unsuccessful in Washington, D.C. trying to demonize and ban a new subclass of firearms, the .50 caliber and other “too powerful” rifles. This type of nibbling process has been historically successful in civilian disarmament of other nations governed by totalitarian and other regimes less tolerant of individual rights than the United States.

The VPC’s most recent efforts directs this misinformation campaign at your state, attempting to get any California body to pass any law against .50 caliber firearms. In March 2002, the VPC caused the California State Assembly, Public Safety Committee to consider and reject the issue by a 5 to 0 with 1 abstaining vote.

Regrettably, the same material has been presented to your city council. I personally attended the council meeting in Los Angeles regarding attempts to ban ownership of the .50 caliber rifle in your city. I was allowed to briefly address the council. The tone of the discussion was mostly emotionally based, so the facts that I attempted to provide were ineffective to the extent they were heard at all. The council voted to have the city attorney draft an ordinance to ban the .50, and further, to instruct the city’s representatives in Sacrament and in Washington, D.C. to push for bans at their respective levels.

At that council meeting, I was very surprised to see an LAPD officer seated front and center with a Barrett 82A1 .50 cal. Rifle. It was the centerpiece of the discussion. As you know, there have been no crimes committed with these rifles, and most importantly, current California law does not allow the sale of the M82A1 in the state because of its detachable magazine and features that make it an “assault weapon.” This rifle was being deceptively used by your department. The officer portrayed it as a sample of a currently available .50 cal rifle, available for sale to the civilians of Los Angeles. One councilman even questioned how this rifle was available under current laws, but as I stated, facts were ineffective that day.

Your officer, speaking for the LAPD, endorsed the banning of this rifle and its ammunition. Then he used the rifle for photo ops with the Councilmen, each of whom, in handling the firearm, may have been committing a felony. I was amazed.

Since 1968, with the closing of the U.S. Springfield Armory, all of the small arms produced for the various government agencies are from the private sector. Every handgun, rifle or shotgun that law enforcement needs comes from this firearms industry. Unless the City of Los Angeles has plans of setting up its own firearms manufacturing, it may need to guard the manufacturing sources it has now.

When I returned to my office from Los Angeles, I found an example of our need for mutual cooperation. Your department had sent one of your 82A1 rifles in to us for service. All of my knowledge in the use of my rifle in the field of law enforcement had been turned upside down by witnessing how your department used yours. Not to protect and serve, but for deception, photo opportunities, and to further an ill-conceived effort that may result in the use of LA taxpayer monies to wage losing political battles in Washington against civil liberties regarding gun ownership.

Please excuse my slow response on the repair service of the rifle. I am battling to what service I am repairing the rifle for. I will not sell, nor service, my rifles to those seeking to infringe upon the Constitution and the crystal clear rights it affords individuals to own firearms.

I implore you to investigate the facts of the .50, to consider the liberties of the law-abiding people and our mutual coexistence, and to change your department’s position on this issue.

Sincerely,
BARRETT FIREARMS MANUFACTURING, INC.

Ronnie G. Barrett
President

-------------------------------------------------------------
RONNIE BARRETT’S LETTER TO: Chief William J. Bratton
Los Angeles Police Department

It is better to be judged by TWELVE, than carried by SIX.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#11]
C'mon fellas, tempers are flaring and we're all pissed about this now.  Thats understood, but lets at least be civil with one another.  But it does raise an interesting thought......

GoBack - does your agency use Barretts?- ooooh thats right, RONNIE WONT SELL THEM TO ANY CA LE AGENCIES.

See above
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
C'mon fellas, tempers are flaring and we're all pissed about this now.  Thats understood, but lets at least be civil with one another.  But it does raise an interesting thought......

GoBack - does your agency use Barretts?- ooooh thats right, RONNIE WONT SELL THEM TO ANY CA LE AGENCIES.

See above

Why would any LE agency want to use a .50? So does the factthat he won't sell them here bother me? Hold on let me check.

Nope, haven't lost any sleep over it yet.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
We don't have any .50 cals here either even though we can buy them.  Our .308s do just fine
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We don't have any .50 cals here either even though we can buy them.  Our .308s do just fine

.50s have no place in LE. Military yes but not LE.  Our 308s have proven themselves over and over again.

But then again thats not what this thread is about is it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope this thread is about some idiot who believes us LEOs shouldn't have the opportunity to be armed!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.50s have no place in LE. Military yes but not LE.  Our 308s have proven themselves over and over again.

Unfortunately too many of your "superiors" (and I put that in quotes, for the obvious irony) disagree, or Barrett would never had the opportunity to even MAKE that statement.

It's nice to hear some of you 'get it' tho....  Kudos to you sir.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
So.. the unconstitutional abuses being done on NO right now has you fired up. You feel that those agencies shouldn't be supported by FFLs anymore (well, lets disregard that the coast guard is supplied from Govt contracts that don't need an FFL, so that's out the window) but you continue on and eventually say that basically that since LEO agencies have the potential to harm civil rights with a gun, and specifically mean just ONE department, that ALL FFLs should stop supporting ALL LEOs from here on out.

Am I reading this right?

If I am, that's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

enlightening post.

However I think the original poster is on to something.

It is not as though dealers\manufactures have to stop LEO sales all together...just those departments that have taken on the task of civilian disarmament.

He might be on something.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nope this thread is about some idiot who believes us LEOs shouldn't have the opportunity to be armed!

Actually, I think its referring to:

Nope this thread is about some LEO civilians (namely in NO) who shouldn't have the opportunity to be armed
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
You are reading this post right.....he wants them to stop selling to our agencies !  Now how are we supposed to be armed ?  An LEO with no weapon is like a vehicle with no gas.....worthless
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right. .50's have no place in Law Enforcement.  That's why we're getting a .408Cheytac instead.

As for the original poster, I can't quite reach the depths of the retardation it would take to reply to this post in kind tonight, to I'll tag for tomorrow when I can sink a little lower.

Edit: this says it all:

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a better idea.  Why don't we ALL as citizens &

PRK JBT's
..not go to work for ONE WHOLE MONTH!! running down to LA to tackle little 80 year old grandmother's and dragging them out of there homes and forcing other innocent homeowners out of their's at gunpoint, handcuffing them, violating the Constitution, and stealing their guns.  

Way-to-go there, Sparky.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So.. the unconstitutional abuses being done on NO right now has you fired up. You feel that those agencies shouldn't be supported by FFLs anymore (well, lets disregard that the coast guard is supplied from Govt contracts that don't need an FFL, so that's out the window) but you continue on and eventually say that basically that since LEO agencies have the potential to harm civil rights with a gun, and specifically mean just ONE department, that ALL FFLs should stop supporting ALL LEOs from here on out.

Am I reading this right?

If I am, that's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard.

I'm reading it the same as you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#24]
so because its happening there all agencies around the nation should suffer?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Absolutely NOT!!.  
For a straight-up LEO, Just Ask if you need anything.  Particularly if you're serving in the disaster area.  We'll do everything we can to support you.

This thread is about not arming those in government who are VIOLATING the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.  

There's a HUGE difference.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I believe he ask for dealers to not sell to LEOs or LE depts.....he doesn't state that sales should cease to those participating in NO but to all agencies.  There is a difference
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely NOT!!.  
For a straight-up LEO, Just Ask if you need anything.  Particularly if you're serving in the disaster area.  We'll do everything we can to support you.

This thread is about not arming those in government who are VIOLATING the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.  

Uh... no it is not. Reread the 1st post in this topic.

The orginal poster is advocating dealers boycotting ALL LEO. A stupid idea if there ever was one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#29]
This exchange is some funny shit..  
But Ronnie Barrett has backed up
his opinions with revised business policies.

myit
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely NOT!!.  

Uh... no it is not. Reread the 1st post in this topic.

The orginal poster is advocating dealers boycotting ALL LEO. A stupid idea if there ever was one.

I read it differently at first but I think you're right.  Original poster needs to clarify his wording.  I don't think that's what he meant, but if so, it would be monumentally stupid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I would be interested in a list of agencies who are participating in the disarming of law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I would like to see that list too so I know who not to work for!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I would like to see that list too so I know who not to work for!!!

I know DEA is participating. Shoudn't be too suprised.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#35]
All is relevant at this point until we find out exactly which departments have taken part in this criminal behavior. Also, keep in mind that just because your agency hasn't taken part, doesn't mean they won't the next time we need to "restore order". I get the feeling from this thread that there might be a few posters who would love to go down to NO and help their brothers in blue out...

...and for the post that said I should go down there, if you feel so strongly about it why did you take the time from your plans to post on this thread when you could have used that to packing. I'm not going down there, I'm staying here, but I'm doing my part spreading the word and thought this might be a good idea...

...and for you who posted the "cute" pic of the 50 AE...go fuck yourself why don't you...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
All is relevant at this point

Confirmation... of the stupid idea.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm sure dealers are just gonna up and not sell firearms to police.

Barrett has the stones to not sell to any CA gov't agency
granted that's a smaller volume of sales than a general dealer supplying ARs
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Well shit, he makes a good point.  

We were all applauding Ronnie Barret a few months ago, now, dealers are supposed to sell to agencies who confiscate guns?  

WTF?  

This website is filled with a bunch of half-assed shit-talkers and crybabies.  

What is going on in NO is CRIMINAL, UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and should be met with armed resistance.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All is relevant at this point

Confirmation... of the stupid idea.

Which agencies are participating, and which ones will the next time? You want to risk your life betting that your local agency won't be using that dealer bought AR on you? Or will you be using that department AR on me?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well shit, he makes a good point.  

We were all applauding Ronnie Barret a few months ago, now, dealers are supposed to sell to agencies who confiscate guns?  

WTF?  

This website is filled with a bunch of half-assed shit-talkers and crybabies.  

What is going on in NO is CRIMINAL, UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and should be met with armed resistance.  

Thank you...

...if any good comes out of this, we might just get a list of dealers who will sell only to law abiding citizens, not gun grabbing LEs...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yet LE agencies are buying them
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Given the vast amount of dealers out there it would be as pointless as attempting one of those stupid gas boycotts. Your heart is in the right place, but your grasp of the reality of the proposal is flawed.

If a dealer doesn't sell to LE 10 other dealers will step up to do it. Capitalism will always overrule ethics...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Given the vast amount of dealers out there it would be as pointless as attempting one of those stupid gas boycotts. Your heart is in the right place, but your grasp of the reality of the proposal is flawed.

If a dealer doesn't sell to LE 10 other dealers will step up to do it. Capitalism will always overrule ethics...

A dealer who crosses the line right now might just get some customers for life...don't you think?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A dealer who crosses the line right now might just get some customers for life...don't you think?

No... ultimately it's the guy with the best price that will win.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a better idea.  Why don't we ALL as citizens &

PRK JBT's
..not go to work for ONE WHOLE MONTH!! running down to LA to tackle little 80 year old grandmother's and dragging them out of there homes and forcing other innocent homeowners out of their's at gunpoint, handcuffing them, violating the Constitution, and stealing their guns.  

Way-to-go there, Sparky.  

Your post makes no sense.  

If you like tackling 80 year old grandmothers then you have another problem all together.

I never said it was a good idea what they are doing now. All I said was the original poster has no clue what he's talking about.

Oh wait reading on I see you finally understood what he said.    

"I read it differently at first but I think you're right. Original poster needs to clarify his wording. I don't think that's what he meant, but if so, it would be monumentally stupid."

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Cold dead hands
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Also, keep in mind that just because your agency hasn't taken part, doesn't mean they won't the next time we need to "restore order".

So this is advocating a pre-emptive disarming of one kind of peoples, yes?

So can you tell me how your proposal differs from the disarming of another kind of peoples in NO?

Are you going to be the guy starting up the precrime division of law enforcement?

This idea is so bogus, and parallels the ones that hippy fucks in Berkeley come up with while stoned off their asses.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#49]
the author of this thread is an official asshat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See above

Why would any LE agency want to use a .50? So does the factthat he won't sell them here bother me? Hold on let me check.

Nope, haven't lost any sleep over it yet.

LAPD DID have some of his .50s. They sent at least one back for some work and Barrett refused to work on it and told them to come and get it if they wanted it back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top