Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:11:04 PM EDT
Am I reading this right?  Is this shoe ment for cold weather?  It was in the hiking section.

Merrell
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it.  What tipped it for me was all of the "coldproof" and "winter activity" language in the description.  However, if you want cold weather boots, try the Merrell Wilderness hiking boots.  They're the classic and the best once you break them in.  The break in will take 2 months of frequent use.

I wouldn't trade them for all of the Gore-Tex boots in the world--and I'm a Gore-Tex addict.

bd
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ultralight cold weather shoes.  Probably fine for well trodden trails with little chance of getting in deep or needing crampons or other traction devices.  Not up to snuff for real winter hiking in snowy conditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top